Man, that wind has blown like crazy all afternoon here. Currently at 20 gusting to 33mph with a high wind of 39mph this evening at 8:45pm.
This is probably one of the worst Spring storms we have had here in a long time.
Warning Description: High Wind Warning
Warning Date: 7:59 PM PDT on March 29, 2010
WarningSum:...High Wind Warning Remains In Effect Until 5 Pm Pdt Tuesday...
Warning Message:A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 PM PDT Tuesday.
* Strong to damaging downslope winds will affect the area this
afternoon through Tuesday morning.
* Southwest winds of 25 to 45 mph with gusts to 70 mph will
continue through Tuesday.
* Damaging downslope winds of up to 90 mph will affect the
foothills...Carson Valley and Washoe Valley.
* Strong winds may close Highway 395 through Washoe Valley.
* Unsecured outdoor items such as deck furniture and garbage
cans should be tied down or moved indoors.
Damage to trees...power lines and property is likely with winds
of this magnitude. Driving will become hazardous for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution and remain alert for sudden
gusts or cross winds.
WarningDesc:Special Weather Statement
WarningDate:7:53 PM PDT on March 29, 2010
WarningSum:...Current List Of Watches Warnings And Advisories...
Warning Message:* High Wind Warning until 5 am PDT Tuesday for greater Lake
Tahoe area-greater Lake Tahoe area-Lassen-eastern Plumas-
eastern Sierra counties-northern Washoe County-Surprise Valley
* Winter Weather Advisory from 5 am to 5 PM PDT Tuesday for
Lassen-eastern Plumas-eastern Sierra counties.
* High Wind Warning until 5 PM PDT Tuesday for greater Reno-
Carson City-Minden area-Mono.
* Winter Storm Warning from 5 am to 11 PM PDT Tuesday for
greater Lake Tahoe area.
* High Wind Warning from 11 PM this evening to 5 PM PDT Tuesday
for Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* High Wind Warning until 5 PM PDT Tuesday for western Nevada
basin and range including Pyramid Lake.