OK, I have one of these heater-blower enclosures and am having an issue with one of its components, or with my wiring job.
I found part of an outdoor electrical extension cord with the male plug-in still attached and the green, white, and black wires already stripped to short lengths. Undoubtedly intended for one of my other unfinished projects around here.
I'm not an electrician but know just enough to be dangerous.
Here is the full extent of the instructions for hooking up the wiring, and a photo of the hookup. (Click to enlarge.)
I know to hook up the green wire to "earth". I hooked up the hot wire to + (marked "L" in the photo) and the black wire to "N" (nature??). When I plugged in the cord, the resistor "R1" started smoking after a couple of seconds, and I quickly unplugged the cord. The fan motor never started. I'm hoping I caught this before I did any damage to it.
(I dismounted the card/board just for photo purposes, in case you are wondering from the photo. Everything was screwed down when I hooked power to it.)
What am I doing wrong?