General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather Conditions Discussion

Fewer People Buy Into Global Warming

<< < (14/58) > >>

Clay:

--- Quote from: up10ad (aka k6dyc) on November 22, 2009, 07:48:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: WeatherHost on November 22, 2009, 06:03:35 PM ---  Why shouldn't there be an international treaty to control pollutants from one country affecting another?

--- End quote ---
Because the worst polluters (China et al) won't make any changes to reduce pollution while we will strip our citizens rights and tax them to death trying to compensate.  There must be middle ground somewhere.

--- End quote ---
I completely agree. Well put.

blackjack52:
In this treaty, the World Gov't will freely w/drawl from markets and disburse to those other countries, thus funding terrorists, Western haters, and even slavery. Let's join in and help tip the scale of freedom to placate those who want to destroy.

WeatherHost:
Seems that the whole thing might be a deliberate hoax involving malicious manipulation of data.

--- Quote ---Climatologist Patrick J. Michaels challenged that position. "This is not a smoking gun, this is a mushroom cloud." The e-mails implicate scores of researchers, most of whom are associated with the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), an organization many skeptics believe was created exclusively to provide evidence of anthropogenic global warming (AGW).
--- End quote ---
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/2377-ipcc-researchers-admit-global-warming-fraud

--- Quote ---Another email thread talks about manipulating data. It is apparently from CRU’s Phil Jones.

“Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or first thing tomorrow. I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd [sic] from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”
--- End quote ---
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/25520/

Or are the emails just being taken out of context?

--- Quote ---“There’s nothing in the e-mails that shows that global warming is a hoax,” he told Threat Level. “There’s no funding by nefarious groups. There’s no politics in any of these things; nobody from the [United Nations] telling people what to do. There’s nothing hidden, no manipulation.

“It’s just scientists talking about science, and they’re talking relatively openly as people in private e-mails generally are freer with their thoughts than they would be in a public forum. The few quotes that are being pulled out [are out] of context. People are using language used in science and interpreting it in a completely different way.”
--- End quote ---
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/11/climate-hack

tomwxman:

--- Quote from: mmorris on November 22, 2009, 02:46:53 PM ---I just don't care when the end comes I'm ready
--- End quote ---
I'm a geezer with no kids myself, so hell I don't care either.

But I do take some [great, significant, sleep-well-at-night] solace in knowing that as the oceans rise, it will be Washington D.C., New York City, and California that will be the first to go. I'm kidding of course!  :twisted:

xmas1313:
Those of you who say you don't care for whatever reason are part of the problem.  You should just be glad there weren't too many people that didn't care 100 years ago.  I don't have any children, but I'm not so selfish as to say that the state of the earth doesn't matter because I won't be here in 50 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version