Author Topic: VP1 cabled reception problem now fixed  (Read 2699 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline saratogaWX

  • Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 7418
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
VP1 cabled reception problem now fixed
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »
I remember posting on the old weatherforum a question regarding Reception percentage on my cabled Vantage Pro Plus, and many folks had offered suggestions on how to eliminate what looked like interference.  I took SLOweather's suggestion and added ferrite clamps to all the cables, moved the station wiring around, ran it on battery, and nothing seemed to help the problem.

Reception looked like this:
and


Yesterday, I updated the firmware in the console from 1/8/2004 Rev B to 3/20/2004 Rev B (the last VP1 version) using the Davis updater, and the reception returned to what should be considered 'normal'.



and lastly.. here's the Current one (updated at 5 minute intervals)



Moral:  if you have a pre-3/20/2004 Rev B Vantage Pro -- consider updating the flash to the last VP release.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP