NON-BETA 14.00P78 is what is now a download from: http://www.ambientweather.com/do30tr.html
This is the current version you would download if you buy it today from Ambient Weather
Copy your old VWS folder to a new location for a backup and follow the install notes:
You will need to re-setup some of your stations settings and so on. I of hand don't remember what they are other then under station settings. The database changes to a 2 database system and lots of new items added as well as taken, worth the update/upgrade
Using P78 for a week or so and have had no problems to date.
NDS Weather Install Notes:
1. Turn OFF any Virus software before you start this process.
2. Exit VWS Software.
3. Copy your VWS Folder to a backup location.
4. Delete the folder C:\Program Files\VWS Installer
5. Copy the Install file to your VWS Directory, C:\VWS or D:\VWS I would install only on the C: Drive
I rename the Install file to VWS14xxPxx.exe so I know what Patch level I last Installed and Have a backup of the Last Patch.
6. Install VWS Software from this location. C:\VWS or D:\VWS
7. Defrag *Windows your hard drives
8. REBOOT your PC (Flush your memory) The Computer's Memory!
9. After VWS starts up let it update, so wait for the upload/download to stop.
10. Update any item the VWS prompts you to update or change. Not all updates will prompt you.
11. Touch each menu object and check that the data or item is correct.