Author Topic: Local METAR reports Not loading  (Read 5045 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Local METAR reports Not loading
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2019, 04:47:32 PM »
I've sent a message to the problem reporting address regarding the timeliness and rawMessage content missing issues.

The timeliness issue seems to be long running.  On the FAQ part of the API Docs it says

Delayed observations

An infrastructure issue is causing delayed processing of observation station data. Observations may be intermittently delayed or not available. This is being worked, and will likely take several weeks to resolve.

Updated 09/05/2018
  Maybe 'several weeks' in NWS-time is >52 weeks to resolve.  :???:  #-o
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:53:02 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »
As I stated a few weeks back, the Western Region of the NWS has been having problems with wx data obs being updated "on time" and have been conversing with NWS regional headquarters in SLC. I specifically sent this thread to them today to see if the problems are somehow interrelated. Whether he/she takes the time to research it, no idea, but he/she has been over-the-top helpful so far. I'll post the response if I get one.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »
Thanks CW2274!

It looks like Ed has data displaying again.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ed_heaton

• Atglen Borough Weather Observatory
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2019, 08:21:58 PM »
I do have data flowing again Ken and I'm not sure what happened. It started working before we made the switch to the new get-metar program but I needed an alternative. Because we both know this is probably a temporary feel good thing from the NWS and I'll need to switch over to the new program sooner than later!
As always I truly appreciate your help... Thank you!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »
I'll post the response if I get one.
Guess this is better than a sharp stick in the eye, but here's the response from SLC...

Thanks for the link.  This issue is not related to us.  It looks like this thread is more geared toward a hosting issue, but it seems that the users are on the right track.  The http://weather.gov/ API is a good place to get weather data for privately owned websites.  Another good source is synoptic.  The users will need to register to get a "key".

Cheers,