Author Topic: Federal report finds 'pervasive' harassment at AccuWeather  (Read 1991 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Federal report finds 'pervasive' harassment at AccuWeather
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:18:57 AM »
The company I worked for almost 4 decades eventually developed a zero tolerance policy for any harassment not just sexual but it didn't happen overnight.

If they're implying Myers was actually doing the harassment that's just more fake news. The report is public with some light redactions. Nowhere does it suggest Myers was involved other than he was the head executive, in fact, states the high profile person identified by many witnesses worked as head of "Digital Media Content and Operations department"...

Not an excuse for sure especially if allowed to continue on.

Even NOAA has had issues like many companies.
In 2015 NOAA had complaints also like many other companies.

Quote" In September 2015, under President Barack Obama presidency a NOAA oceanographer complained that she had been repeatedly harassed aboard government scientific research vessels.

“Try operating a half-million-dollar shipboard gyrocompass and multibeam sonar system while the captain of the boat shoves a meter stick between your legs, asking, ‘Are you moody because it’s that time of the month?’” Julia O’Hern described in a Washington Post op-ed.

But even though O’Hern reported some of the incidents to her superiors, she says NOAA ignored the allegations.

Instead of addressing the harassment, O’Hern wrote, a NOAA official suggested “that I should have just walked off the boat and refused to work. Of course, their employee had already threatened to fire me if I refused to work or spoke to anyone, and the whole point was that I wanted to do my job, not quit.

“It was soul-crushing to realize that I was expected to endure sexual harassment at sea as though it was no different than rough waters or long hours,” O’Hern wrote.

By the end of that year, both the House and Senate unanimously passed the “National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Act,” The law required NOAA develop a policy to prevent and respond to sexual assault and harassment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:46:24 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:08:19 AM »
Can't wait for Myers to run NOAA.
I'm sure by the end of his term Accuweather will control everything :evil:

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
Can't wait for Myers to run NOAA.
I'm sure by the end of his term Accuweather will control everything :evil:

Seriously you too?
WTF didn't anyone learn anything over the last 2 years?  All we know is those with TDS don't like anything he does. So it doesn't matter who was nominated, Jesus Christ himself would be a no go. This is BS.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
Accuweather was in Santorums back pocket when he tried to introduce legislation that would try to stop NOAA from competing with private weather enterprises like Accuweather.
Now the same guy who bought Santorum could be head of NOAA?
So when you say me too, your right.
This is BS.
https://www.politico.com/story/2012/01/7-year-old-attack-on-weather-service-could-cloud-santorums-campaign-071129

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
He was running a business and trying to make money. That's what they do, they all do it. 

Washington is full of lobbyist working for special interest groups. If that's disqualification then why doesn't the Senate just turn down the nomination? Last I heard he sold all his company stock and no longer connected.

All this is another attack on any POTUS nominee, doesn't matter who it is. 
Randy

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
Well, when they're all utterly corrupt and contemptible .....

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
Well, when they're all utterly corrupt and contemptible .....

That's not corrupt. Corrupt is when the tops of the FBI try to take out a sitting president.
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 05:39:07 PM »
Well be at this all day.
Agree to disagree.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »
I agree, bad pick or not and he might be. Whoever the nominee was, it would be the same fabricated hysteria. You can only cry wolf so many times and eventually people stop listening.
Randy

anything