Author Topic: WS-2000, WS2902 or Acurite Atlas...need advice please.  (Read 1003 times)

roberttx and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jim_S

Re: WS-2000, WS2902 or Acurite Atlas...need advice please.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
Since I received it in new condition, your remark is incorrect.  I was looking for suggestions and again, this should not have been available for purchase, she bought from someone on ebay in August last year, gave to me on Christmas.

Yikes. That was months after the Smart Hub announcement and after the new Access was available for sale.

It's always a risk buying from eBay. Anyone can sell anything. In this case it looks like you were taken advantage of by an unscrupulous seller. Your compliant should be with the eBay seller not Acurite (and I'm definitely not an Acurite "fan boy"). Like many here I was disappointed in how they handled the SH to Access switch over and will likely look elsewhere for my next station. That said I have a bunch of existing Acurite stuff I wanted to see online and buy the Access made the most (and least expensive) sense so that's what I did.

So is Acurite selling these units to the wholesale market and then absolving themselves of warranty responsibility or is there another explanation for the 250+ new 5-in-1 pws's on ebay?
There is a lot of grey market stuff on eBay in all areas. I'd like to know where it comes from too but I don't think it's necessarily fair to blame the manufacturer.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/gds/Does-a-Manufacturers-Warranty-Mean-Anything-on-EBay-/10000000178951480/g.html

Read The Ebay Listing Carefully When It Comes To Coverage
The key "take away" for you as a reader of this Guide should be that much more often than not, you will see a disclaimer in such a warranty that says it is "limited to the original retail purchaser", or words to that effect.  So on ebay, unless you are buying directly from the manufacturer, or from a seller that claims to be (and actually is) a factory-authorized retail seller, you as an ebay buyer are not the "original retail purchaser" -- even if what you are buying is brand new, sealed, in the original box.  So unless you get some kind of receipt that you are the "original retail purchaser" as the maker of the item defines that phrase (and the maker honors that receipt as a genuine one), you don't have a warranty or guarantee other than whatever the ebay seller, and ebay, provide to you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:53:25 PM by nincehelser »

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 05:15:31 PM »
No accusation(s) made. Just a question asked.

So is Acurite selling these units to the wholesale market and then absolving themselves of warranty responsibility or is there another explanation for the 250+ new 5-in-1 pws's on ebay?

:roll:

Care to make up any other unfounded accusations?

Offline Lighty269

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 08:36:20 AM »
Acurite just made good on their discount.  So those of you who have the Atlas system is it reliable? Do you have pros and cons?

I have read so many reviews on Acurite and Ambient, my head is about to explode...

Offline jjh92

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »
Lighty269 I was where you were at earlier this winter.  Wanted the Atlas for features/price value but very concerned about the negative reviews.  There were several good amazon reviews in Feb so I thought maybe the quality problems are behind them and then a killer price deal was on Amazon for the Atlas 01008M package (Access only, no display) at $149 so I bought it.

Very happy to say the out-of-box setup was flawless and easy.  Has been running now for 1-month with no issues at all.  So, at this time I give Acurite Atlas 2-thums up.   [tup] [tup]

anything