Author Topic: Acurite 5n1 rainfall readout  (Read 465 times)

Offline Snowman65

Acurite 5n1 rainfall readout
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:35 AM »
Anyone found a way around the ridiculous 48-hour rolling rainfall reading on the 5-n-1 display?  It's frustrating during the current downpour to watch the total DROP because it rained two days ago.  Needs to be daily resetting at midnight.

Also, when reviewing the records sections, there's no daily record, just weekly and monthly.

Offline worachj

• Senior Contributor
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Acurite 5n1 rainfall readout
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 08:46:35 AM »
Same thing has happened to me! Watching the rain total drop while it’s raining outside. I hate the way it’s been implemented. I haven’t found a way to change it. It’s a carryover from the 5-N-1’s HD display because it does the same thing. Our best hope is to contact AcuRite and they release a firmware update, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I suggest submitting a change request to AcuRite:
https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline axplayer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »
I got this display for Christmas. The WEB site and instructions show "Today's Rainfall" If this is not possible to set I'll send it back. Useless as is and the old display still works. I've tried to attach a shot of the WEB site and manual. I send a support email. We'll see.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline pianoman8849

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
I have exactly the same issue. I have unplugged it, hit the reset button for 3 seconds. Then powered it up. Made the adjustments to time, etc. There were three options flashing by the rainfall display. 24 hr, weekly and monthly, but there's no way to change that, only the measurement from inch to mm. When the display finishes with the settings, the rainfall readout goes back to week and year. I want 24 hour and weekly on the second line. Am I doing something wrong? Can't seem to make any sense out of the display instruction book. Thanks

Offline axplayer

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »
Ok here's what I found.
It rained on and off for a few dry days. for the first 24 hours the display read "Today's Rainfall" then it went to "48 hour". After a few hours of dry the "48 hour" began to drop. It rained another .5" of rain and only "48 hour" displayed an went up. Useless as I monitor rain at the top of a hill and several cisterns and need to see what the rainfall is hour by hour each day, to know what's going to be coming down the hill.
After several tickets with NO response (Acurite had closed them with nothing else said) I went to online chat. I simply said "it doesn't serve my purpose. Person on the other end of the conversation sent me an email with an RMA address. I'll be sending it back today for a refund.
My old display still works just fine.

Offline pianoman8849

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 06:19:41 AM »
Thanks. I think I'll just move to the desert where there is no rain!!!!  :-)

anything