Author Topic: Acurite Atlas display signal  (Read 344 times)

Online Denpat

Acurite Atlas display signal
« on: December 23, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
I am having an issue with my Acurite Atlas display losing its signal. I have installed the sensor 45' from the display and the signal is going straight through a patio door, no walls or steel. The signal has full bars most of the time, but then the bars will slowly fade away until their all gone. In a short period of time they will return to full bars. This happens a lot in the morning, but it can happen at any time during the day. The signal to my access is excellent all the time. I have checked the signal to my access when the signal to the display shows no bars and the access says excellent signal.

I thought I would check here and see if anyone has had the same issue.

Dennis

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
Re: Acurite Atlas display signal
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »
The signal bars on the display act differently than the signal bars for the Access.

On a display, the bars are full when a signal is acquired, but then are gradually subtracted if expected data packets have been missed.  The Access is a more true signal strength indicator.  If there is a least one bar, all your data is being received.

My guess is that there might something electrical near your display that is emitting noise and interfering with the signal.  Maybe something light an LED or florescent light.  Perhaps a microwave oven.  When the device is on, the signal is blocked, when it is turned off, the signal returns.

Online Denpat

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
I have the display in the kitchen and of course we have a microwave, fluorescent light etc. The display is at least 8' away. I would guess that you are probably right and it is something that I can live with, but I thought I would see if anyone else saw this issue with theirs.

Thanks George for your response.

Dennis

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »
Mine seems to drop when there is no wind. Maybe this is a battery saving feature? I never really thought much about it until recently, when I have caught the display showing no bars when the wind isn't blowing several times. Then when the anemometer starts again, the signal comes back and updates every few seconds.

Offline yankeesdood16

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:59:07 PM »
I havenít really had any issues with mine.

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 07:33:53 AM »
I am having an issue with my Acurite Atlas display losing its signal. I have installed the sensor 45' from the display and the signal is going straight through a patio door, no walls or steel. The signal has full bars most of the time, but then the bars will slowly fade away until their all gone. In a short period of time they will return to full bars. This happens a lot in the morning, but it can happen at any time during the day. The signal to my access is excellent all the time. I have checked the signal to my access when the signal to the display shows no bars and the access says excellent signal.

I thought I would check here and see if anyone has had the same issue.

Dennis

I had the exact same issue for the first week or two that my station was installed.  It would go from full scale to nothing and back and forth, even without touching the display.  Very odd.  I assumed it was a weak signal, so I ordered the Acurite signal repeater.  After the repeater was delivered, I never have seen my signal strength on anything except full scale since then, so the repeater never even got taken out of the box.  Very odd.  I have no idea.   #-o  For now it's still working great so we'll see how long that lasts.
B.S. in Meteorology/Climatology

38.01977N, 84.83486W
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless station
AcuRite 5-n-1 w/ WiFi reporting to WU