Author Topic: Talk me into a WS-2000  (Read 1536 times)

Offline davefr

• Senior Contributor
Re: Talk me into a WS-2000
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »
Thanks.  Ambient's pricing is a little screwey right now.

It's cheaper to order a WS-2000 kit ala carte and you get a 2nd console:

WS-1900 (Osprey Sensor w/non WiFi console) - $72
WS-2000C (WiFi Console) - $111
WH32B - Indoor sensor - $15
Total - $198

The WS-2000 kit is $240.

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
Thanks.  Ambient's pricing is a little screwey right now.

It's cheaper to order a WS-2000 kit ala carte and you get a 2nd console:

WS-1900 (Osprey Sensor w/non WiFi console) - $72
WS-2000C (WiFi Console) - $111
WH32B - Indoor sensor - $15
Total - $198

The WS-2000 kit is $240.

Well I'm the OP and was on the fence about the WS2000 vs getting another Davis. I ended up going with the WS, especially since the ala carte pricing was better. For $227 with s/h, I got the sensor and console. Not bad. I'll keep the Davis running and see how the WS works in comparison. The bonus is I'll at least have a nice console to put in the living room to be able to see conditions without using my phone and having to go to my own website all the time. If the WS turns out not to work all the well, I'll go ahead and order a new Davis ISS.

Offline galfert

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: Today at 12:03:29 AM »
One other question. If I wanted to continue to use Weather Display software on my computer, would the WS-2000 have to be physically connected with USB or could it work through Wifi from the console? My computer is on Wifi, so that's why I thought it may work, but probably not. If not, is there any other way to get the WS-2000 to talk to WD wirelessly?

Yes you can use your WS-2000 weather station and feed the data to Weather-Display, but you'll need some extra hardware. You'll need an ObserverIP and a  Meteobridge. You can get both from Ambient Weather. The ObserverIP is normally paired with a WS-1000-BTH but since you have a WH32B that came with your WS-2000 you don't need it as they are functionally the same. The Meteobridge is something you can build and get licensed yourself or you can take the easy way and just buy a WeatherBridge from Ambient.

Weather-Display lists the Meteobridge as a compatible supported device for getting weather data:
http://www.weather-display.com/supported.php

The way it works is that the ObserverIP receives weather data via RF 915 MHz from the outdoor array sensor. The ObserverIP also receives indoor temperature / humidity / pressure from the indoor sensor. Then the Meteobridge can see the ObserverIP data using your local network (Ethernet or WiFi). Lastly Weather-Display connects to the Meteobridge to get data. All of this does not use your WS-2000 display tablet and it doest affect its use.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:15:43 AM by galfert »
WS-2000 | WS-2902A | ObserverIP | WeatherBridge (Meteobridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Tele-Pole flag pole is here (not installed yet)

anything