Author Topic: Weatherlink users, willing to upload to GLOBE?  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Weatherlink users, willing to upload to GLOBE?
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »
Well, yes, I'm all in favour of learning and self-improvement, but there's also got to be some cost-benefit checking. Not sure how many will feel it's worthwhile just to be able to submit their data to Yet Another Weather Network (YAWN™).
Other than a one time a day upload, it loads in milliseconds.  Cost?   well it costs nothing, if you have Weatherlink. You set up and it is an archive on Weatherlink.com servers for 15 min grabs.  Yet.  There is no fanfare other than a hearty hand shake and one of these things once a day. (from my thingy)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »

Whoosh (I'm tempted to say), but let me try one last time and then I'll give up:

Quote from: Aardvark
I am pretty sure that although the online website for Weatherlink Live is up and running, it isn't going to send data to Globe.gov.

Why do you keep saying this though? GLOBE is on the list of upload targets for a WLL account and allows you to enter all the necessary parameters. Are you saying that you've tried this specific option and it doesn't work for some reason?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 06:40:15 PM »

Why do you keep saying this though? GLOBE is on the list of upload targets for a WLL account and allows you to enter all the necessary parameters. Are you saying that you've tried this specific option and it doesn't work for some reason?
It does work yet for the Weatherlink Live accounts.. oh it is one of the options , but it doesn't work.   I can get it to work with my IP logger to the same account.   I have two stations. Clark Blvd. and WeatherMain.  The latter works, the former no.  I am trying to wake up the kid who does the programming at Davis to go in and fix that thing.   

I think I have beat this thing to death.  Do as you see fit,  May the rain move to your area instead of ours.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2019, 07:38:08 PM »
You should only be sending globe an email every 24 hours with the 15 minute interval records in a single email.  If people start hammering the email server like that it's gonna cause problems in long run

I'll see if I can find it again and I could be wrong, but I recall reading that WL sends the data for you every 15 mins using the email method and their email.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »
You should only be sending globe an email every 24 hours with the 15 minute interval records in a single email.  If people start hammering the email server like that it's gonna cause problems in long run

I'll see if I can find it again and I could be wrong, but I recall reading that WL sends the data for you every 15 mins using the email method and their email.
It doesn't work on the online.com version yet.   Do you get a report similar to the previous thread one each day?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2019, 11:31:07 PM »
In my experience,
I have Globe upload settings in my Weatherlink PC and in weatherlink.com.
Weatherlink PC/Envoy is run only occasionally - twice a month or sometime more often for about 30 minutes, and it is set at 10 minute interval.
WiFiLogger/Vue console runs continuous and updates to weatherlink.com at 5 minute interval.

Before the recent Globe upload feature was added to WiFiLogger, Globe was NOT being updated by weatherlink.com unless I started Weatherlink PC, BUT the updated data was the 5-minute interval WiFiLogger data sent to weatherlink.com.  The Globe update data emails covered all the days since the previous running of Weatherlink PC to the then current time.

With the revised WiFiLogger Globe update feature in which I have set the School and Site IDs, WiFiLogger data is being sent to Globe at the 15 minute interval every day from 08:00 UTC to 07:45 UTC next day.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2019, 09:12:40 AM »
In my experience,
I have Globe upload settings in my Weatherlink PC and in weatherlink.com.
Weatherlink PC/Envoy is run only occasionally - twice a month or sometime more often for about 30 minutes, and it is set at 10 minute interval.
WiFiLogger/Vue console runs continuous and updates to weatherlink.com at 5 minute interval.

Before the recent Globe upload feature was added to WiFiLogger, Globe was NOT being updated by weatherlink.com unless I started Weatherlink PC, BUT the updated data was the 5-minute interval WiFiLogger data sent to weatherlink.com.  The Globe update data emails covered all the days since the previous running of Weatherlink PC to the then current time.

With the revised WiFiLogger Globe update feature in which I have set the School and Site IDs, WiFiLogger data is being sent to Globe at the 15 minute interval every day from 08:00 UTC to 07:45 UTC next day.

Enjoy,
Paul
and do you receive the daily report when you do send data that it was received

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »
Yes, I get a copy of the data sent and a reply from GLOBE of the same data received.  And it shows for my station on the GLOBE map.

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:15:02 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2019, 09:13:35 PM »
Ok then, I am done. Going to send data via the online website with the IP logger until Weatherlink Live works out.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2019, 02:18:08 AM »
Maybe it only works with official IP loggers or something, but my setup is MB => WL software => WL website. If I setup globe.gov on the WL site I get nothing at all on GLOBE's site.

In trying to get the 15 min measurements working properly from MB => GLOBE, had a question. What value for total rain are they looking for for the 15 min measurements, the amount of rainfall in the last 15 mins, or the sum of rainfall for the day up to that 15 min period?