Author Topic: Does anyone at WU care??? Reported Please Try later error after update 5.8.2  (Read 751 times)

Offline jetspeedz

Since WU updated the Android app from 5.8.2 to 5.9x and every iteration of 5.9.x it has not worked since. Multiple people reported this including myself multiple times and not a single response from the WU team.

They essentially released the app without fully testing it on Lollipop and older android OS.

I'm shocked not only they don't respond but they don't seem to care as they have release 4 versions since 5.8.2 and it has not been fixed. Not all devices can upgrade to the latest OS.

Offline up10ad

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Not offering this as an excuse for the WU app issues, but Lollipop is a 4 year old version that isn't supported any longer. Version upgrade lag/unavailability is a major issue for Android and causes significant developer issues.
Rick (K6DYC)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline jetspeedz

It's just over 3 years old April 21, 2015 if you consider the last version, but I get it, the reality is not all phones will update to the latest OS, if limited by the hardware mfg like BB for example or the phones limitation itself or mobile carrier. Not everyone jumps to rush to get the newest shiny phone. If we did that with our cars can you just imagine. There needs to be some level of support from these app developers. I can run 5.8.2 fine but the new versions just crash, all it would take is for the developer to pay a little more attention and test on the most recent OS from each release, we are not talking about dozens, just a handful v5,6,7,8. Lazy, maybe but you can't hide behind the security cloak as your excuse when just one version ago the app worked and it has not been overhauled, this is a bug more than anything that can and should be resolved if they cared.

Worst part is they don't even respond to support or feedback.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
Try reaching them on their Trello board.  That seems their main support vehicle as they rebuild the site.

https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground

Offline jetspeedz

thanks will do, i wasn't sure what site they frequented. I searched for the app and error and this site came up

Offline rormeister

Try reaching them on their Trello board.  That seems their main support vehicle as they rebuild the site.

That used to work, but they pretty much abandoned any actions back in mid July. YMMV.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Do they care?  No, not really.  :)

Offline jetspeedz

That used to work, but they pretty much abandoned any actions back in mid July. YMMV.

I've posted and no response they don't care

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
It appear to me a lot of people still think WU is the ants pants as most queries re not uploading to WU etc is targeted first at why device XYZ has failed to upload to WU when in most cases it's simply a WU failure.

Offline Reldel

WU App on Android has failed to update my weather station data since early October.  If I change my physical location the app fails to observe GPS location and has essentially been "stuck" for nearly two months.  I have uninstalled and left it off my phone for varying periods but reinstalling does not correct.  It appears I will have 68 degree temperature all winter at my house according to WU.  Hope they do use it to calculate global warming. 

anything