Author Topic: Mojave  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • www.desmoinesweather.org
    • Des Moines Iowa Weather and Climate
Mojave
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
I loaded it  in and yes it went without a hitch.   I just made sure i cleaned up my machine and had the space.  The download is 8.5gb and it takes over loading.  Anyway.   It worked flawlessly with WeatherCat,  the start up was slow a bit,   I am guessing security checks and the new file system.   

Weatherlink for Mac, now that was different   It required java legacy to make it work and then provided a link to that.     It now works too. 

I haven't worked with Weatherdisplay but will eventually today.  I am just going to let it sit awhile (mojave) with nothing I want it to do  to equalize and catch up.

Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS;  Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink ;
https://www.desmoinesweather.org

Offline dave99ag

Re: Mojave
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
Interesting that you were able to get WeatherLink running with Mojave. I've had no luck getting a fresh install of WeatherLink running under Mojave. I keep getting the error below even though I have legacy Java installed. I have a support ticket opened with Davis, but they've been slow to respond. Interesting thing is that I can't find a way to run the application under 32-bit like you could with High Sierra. Using my wife's MBP w/ High Sierra until a solution is found.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Mac OSX WeatherLink/WeatherLink.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libjspMacOSX.jnilib: no suitable image found.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • www.desmoinesweather.org
    • Des Moines Iowa Weather and Climate
Re: Mojave
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »
Interesting that you were able to get WeatherLink running with Mojave. I've had no luck getting a fresh install of WeatherLink running under Mojave. I keep getting the error below even though I have legacy Java installed. I have a support ticket opened with Davis, but they've been slow to respond. Interesting thing is that I can't find a way to run the application under 32-bit like you could with High Sierra. Using my wife's MBP w/ High Sierra until a solution is found.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Mac OSX WeatherLink/WeatherLink.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libjspMacOSX.jnilib: no suitable image found.

I had to delete Weathercat completely from the computer, including the stuff in application support.   The backup file folder I had to rename, then reload Weathercat, set up the comm and start over.   After I got it up and just the program running,  I put in my registration stuff.  Finally I went to backup, and had it restore from the last backup.  So far so good
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS;  Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink ;
https://www.desmoinesweather.org

anything