Author Topic: WS-2902 display  (Read 959 times)

Offline Rychu

• Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland
Re: WS-2902 display
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
(...)
Can someone try and connect the USB port to computer running Easy Weather software (or some other weather software) and see if it gets live data. Or you cold try connecting USB to a MeteoBridge (WeatherBridge) and see if it recognizes and reads live data.
I could not get my pc to recognize the display when I plugged it into a USB port.  Is there a USB driver I need?  I did not see anything in the Easy Weather download.

After connecting the console via USB to PC, you should see the station's memory as mass storage with directories. I understand that this memory is not shared?

No driver is needed. After the USB connection, the console should report automatically on the monitor as mass storage next to the C, D directory, etc.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:27:51 PM by Rychu »

Offline WA4OPQ

• 2 stations: 2902 array, ObserverIP, Meteobridge
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »
I'm considering purchasing the WS-2902 because I'm tired of my constantly failing Acurite 5/1. Can you purchase an additional display?
To answer the original question about adding additional 2902 displays....
 I would suggest the WS-1900-C display.  It is the 2902 display without the WiFi.  It's only $36 

Offline tony

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 11:09:09 PM »
I have the 1900 as a second display with my 2000.

Offline Sir_MAK

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 08:00:55 AM »
(...)
Can someone try and connect the USB port to computer running Easy Weather software (or some other weather software) and see if it gets live data. Or you cold try connecting USB to a MeteoBridge (WeatherBridge) and see if it recognizes and reads live data.
I could not get my pc to recognize the display when I plugged it into a USB port.  Is there a USB driver I need?  I did not see anything in the Easy Weather download.

After connecting the console via USB to PC, you should see the station's memory as mass storage with directories. I understand that this memory is not shared?

No driver is needed. After the USB connection, the console should report automatically on the monitor as mass storage next to the C, D directory, etc.

Unfortunately its not showing up as a USB device or a drive so it looks like the USB port is not available for this use.  Maybe a future firmware release will add this.
Ambient WS-2000,  Central Ohio - Weather Underground  Weather Cloud
Ambient WS-2902A, Lake Erie    -  Weather Underground  Weather Cloud

anything