Author Topic: Ambient Weather WS-1001-WiFi Clone not connecting to AmbientWeather.net  (Read 425 times)

Offline stretch4x4

Hi all,

Just setting up my weather station again after a move and realised that ambientweather now have their own dashboard, which is cool.

I realised I am also quite a few firmware versions behind since my last update so got to work sorting that out.
All went well getting to 2.4.6 and I could see the settings for the ambientweather server refresh!

The only issue was that my unit is a Maxkon Aussie clone so I needed to update the frequency back to 433M to get my sensors back online. Now I can get wunderground set up no worries but no longer have the ambient weather option!

After lots of upgrading and downgrading I have figured out that as soon as I change the frequency I loose the option to push data to ambient weather :(

Does anyone know if this is deliberate or a bug? Or if there is any work around?
I don't really need it but ITTT integration sounded like a useful feature, but after wasting a few hours tonight, thinking I should just get my settings right again and leave it alone..

Cheers

Offline Transporterman

• Weather Station
I don't know much about it but when I tried to get my UK WS1001 clone on to Ambient's platform it didn't want to know.  I eventually got an email back from them saying that they only support units broadcasting with the MHz that the original/genuine WS1001 works on. 

I'm probably not up to changing the frequency of mine (if that's what you did) anyway but I would like to see something more flexible (MPH for wind but temperatures in Celsius) which the console itself has but not Wunderground.  Plus they are getting so unreliable.  If you do find a way of using Ambient's platform please let us know.  :grin:

Offline stretch4x4

Yes that was always my fear, (I didn't know my unit was a clone when I bought it, I just got it in Australia) but I can understand them not wanting to support them.

At this stage I haven't taken a further look at it, I wasted enough time that weekend and decided to stick with wunderground for now. Will try to remember to post here if I ever get back to it.