Author Topic: IPTimelapse Software Issue  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
IPTimelapse Software Issue
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »
I have been using IPTimelapse with 3 cameras for sometime. I have been having a problem with one camera always freezing in the software, only solution to get it recording again is to shut down all instances of the software and restarting all three instances again.

Today I set up a Task Scheduler function to shut down all instances and then another to restart all 3 instances. I used "PSKILL" to shut all instances down, but evidently that also shut something else down and now the IPTimelapse program will not start with my configurations. I had 3 instances starting up when I started IPTimelapse, GUI 1/GUI 2/GUI 3 - Now it starts with GUI 4 with not configuration file. Here is the command I used to kill the program - "pskill -t iptimelapse"

There are multiple iptimelapse config files scattered about my computer. Three under my appdata/iptimelapse.com folder and one in my documents folder, not sure which ones are the correct ones or if all are needed.

Looking for suggestions to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Re: IPTimelapse Software Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:02:43 PM »
Have you downloaded and installed the latest version?  Mike is working on this software all the time adding features and killing bugs.

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
Re: IPTimelapse Software Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
Update - I have rebooted the computer and imported the correct "user config" file and now I get all three instances opening, but I have to manually start each capture. I do have the "auto capture" box checked.  PSKILL is obviously trashing the program. If I use it I have to import the correct config file and then reboot for the program to start and then manually start the capture for each camera. Back to the drawing board!! I do not have the latest version, will download latest, but not confident that will solve the problem as this has been ongoing for sometime and have been in contact with Mike. This is one of those issues that is not consistent, will go on for days with no problem, then it will be a problem daily.
John
Westminster, MA USA

anything