Author Topic: Access Connection Issues  (Read 14035 times)

Offline rodchev65

Re: Access Connection Issues
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2019, 10:36:23 AM »
Yes, now that I look it's PC connect.

Seems strange that the unit would lose a signal for no reason then fix itself, same as others described here.

Signal was always 4 bars then it's no signal what so ever, then a day later it fixes itself, been going on for a few months but now it appears to be down for good.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
Yes, now that I look it's PC connect.

Seems strange that the unit would lose a signal for no reason then fix itself, same as others described here.

Signal was always 4 bars then it's no signal what so ever, then a day later it fixes itself, been going on for a few months but now it appears to be down for good.

Radio interference often comes and goes.  Sometimes it is related to a noisy electrical device (e.g. lights, motors, microwaves, etc.) and comes and goes as the device is turned on and off.

It doesn't help that the frequency used happens to be in a very congested and noisy part of the radio spectrum, either. 

Offline rodchev65

« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »
I appreciate the help but Nothing has changed on my end, no new devices, nothing at all was added to the system. 4 bars to absolutely zero bars and no connection at all, not just interference, it's the complete lack of signal.

But of course I've taken the time to bring in the 5in1 to my house just in case, no difference, no signal what so ever.

It seems strange that it would randomly lose connection then fix itself without me changing a thing, but even that won't work anymore.

I wonder what the warranty is on these things? Or if they will even try to fix it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:19:43 PM by rodchev65 »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2019, 01:35:00 PM »
Your local radio environment can be changing and you won’t notice a thing.  For example, a local amateur radio operator can start a conversation near 433.92MHz and obliterate your signal every time they key the mic and talk.

Radio interference kills your signal as it makes it hard to separate the signal from the noise.

Again, I suggest you start by putting a ferrite bead on your USB cable.  They are cheap and can’t hurt.

Should that not work, look for local sources of possible noise.  As electronic systems age, they can start spewing noise and you won’t notice a thing.   For example, a nearby dimmer switch might be going bad and throwing noise, however, from your perspective it will seem to be working just fine, and may continue to do so for months or years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Warranty is one year, but that doesn’t cover noise issues. 

It’s highly unlikely the equipment is “fixing itself”.  Noise coming and going tends to be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rodchev65

« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »
If it was interference don't ya think that bringing the 5in1 into the same room at the display/receiver would eliminate that possibility?

A consistent 4 bars to zero bars from interference seems rather unlikely to me, or more to the point, completely impossible. And now, it won't connect at all.

I believe It's entirely more likely that these cheap Chinese made electronics have failed.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »
If it was interference don't ya think that bringing the 5in1 into the same room at the display/receiver would eliminate that possibility?

A consistent 4 bars to zero bars from interference seems rather unlikely to me, or more to the point, completely impossible. And now, it won't connect at all.

I believe It's entirely more likely that these cheap Chinese made electronics have failed.

Sorry.  I guess you have your own ideas how these things work.

Why even bother asking for help if you're going to act like that?

Good luck.

Offline rodchev65

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
Try coming up with a worth while answer instead of repeating the same BS answer over and over and over again. You are wrong, do you get that???

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2019, 05:04:58 PM »
Try coming up with a worth while answer instead of repeating the same BS answer over and over and over again. You are wrong, do you get that???

:roll: