Author Topic: WeatherLink.com API for data retrieval  (Read 1609 times)

Offline wicked

Re: WeatherLink.com API for data retrieval
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
I may be missing this - but the json and xml files do not have/report THSW index.  I do see heat index.  Anyone know why this is not passed?

Because current THSW index is not available.

Is this by design or some limitation? I find THSW very useful.

I use WL2.0 And wanted to build a custom webpage and was hoping to show THSW.

In WL2.0 the only place to get THSW is in the chart area. They do not show it on the bulletin page, the mobilize page or the mobilize app. It does in fact show it in their weatherlink app - although update frequency seems once an hour at best.

Whatís interesting is that for mobilize (both app and web) the field is there but it only populates ď- -ď

So it seems they have the data since itís show accurately in the chart (and my VP2 console) and I opened a ticket with them for the app not populating the field.

Screen shots:

Mobilize app - iPhone:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

WL iphone app:

WL2.0 website - chart tab:

WL2.0 website - mobilize tab:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:44:37 PM by wicked »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
I may be missing this - but the json and xml files do not have/report THSW index.  I do see heat index.  Anyone know why this is not passed?

Because current THSW index is not available.

Is this by design or some limitation? I find THSW very useful.

I use WL2.0 And wanted to build a custom webpage and was hoping to show THSW.

In WL2.0 the only place to get THSW is in the chart area. They do not show it on the bulletin page, the mobilize page or the mobilize app. It does in fact show it in their weatherlink app - although update frequency seems once an hour at best.

Whatís interesting is that for mobilize (both app and web) the field is there but it only populates ď- -ď

So it seems they have the data since itís show accurately in the chart (and my VP2 console) and I opened a ticket with them for the app not populating the field.

I hope you are successful - but this link from 8 years ago says I had been asking for that for over 3 years....

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=6666.msg63732#msg63732

THW may be available, along with "Daily High THSW".  (I'm just going by the available tags in WeatherLink software)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • www.desmoinesweather.org
    • Des Moines Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
I find THSW  very useful for those days I want the air conditioner on and the wife doesn't.  I put it up on the Kitchen Console and we have coolness in the summer.
I do  believe that Weatherdisplay has those tags. 

However, neither does Weatherlink 1.0; Weatherlink 2.0 or the app for whatever platform you use, have that sent or calculated.   I suspect someone could dig out the formula and write a script that has that calculation.  I do see that the WL 2.0 phone app has that.  Perhaps the best route would be to contact Davisnet and ask them to put that tag out there.   They did say that the desktop (computer) based software was no longer to be supported.

Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Bloomsky 2 ;https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/9939a1e2095347408d139366964b63ba/signature

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
They did say that the desktop (computer) based software was no longer to be supported.

To be accurate, Davis have intimated that local Weatherlink is not likely to be significantly developed any further, which is something different from not being supported. So if there's anything new with Windows, USB drivers etc that is incompatible with WL603 then a new WL version with fixes is likely to appear. Indeed I think there might be one pending to deal with some potential issue, but can't quite remember what.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's dedicated Davis EnviroMonitor website
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Littleport, Ely, Cambs UK

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • www.desmoinesweather.org
    • Des Moines Iowa Weather and Climate
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 03:36:50 PM »
This is what I found for WL 2.0  Not sure if it is only for pro or not, but on their user site there is a place to generate the API for your WL2.0
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Sierra; Bloomsky 2 ;https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/9939a1e2095347408d139366964b63ba/signature

anything