Author Topic: Convert i2c to sensibus (sensirion) protocol to be read by Davis ISS  (Read 1126 times)

Offline dendrite

• Senior Contributor
Re: Convert i2c to sensibus (sensirion) protocol to be read by Davis ISS
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »
Not much that I can add, but good work. If you could make the 35 easily plug & play I'd pay for it when the pin 35 is released.

Offline jgentry

• Senior Contributor
    • Gentry Field Station
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Not much that I can add, but good work. If you could make the 35 easily plug & play I'd pay for it when the pin 35 is released.

Same here!
Davis Vantage Pro2. SHT 31. 24hr FARS. WU: KXALJEMI2 & KALTHORS2 CWOP: C6353 & C6358

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 02:48:23 AM »
My only question would be power consumption? Power management in the ISS must be pretty tight, would this thing require an external power source?
Mark

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 04:07:24 AM »
My only question would be power consumption? Power management in the ISS must be pretty tight, would this thing require an external power source?

Davis imply that a cabled ISS consumes 9mA, but I don't know how much of that might be used by the RS422 connection vs turning on the wireless chips every 2.5 secs or so.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's dedicated Davis EnviroMonitor website
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Littleport, Ely, Cambs UK

Offline rdsman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 08:18:50 AM »

I don't intend to power it from the ISS.  I'm going to use the VCC signal from the ISS to bring the processor out of Sleep mode, let it do it's thing and then go back to sleep.   Perhaps it could be only solar powered and would fit inside a standard wireless Davis ISS enclosure with the solar panel.

Ray

Offline rdsman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
Well, I haven't received my SHT35.  In the mean time I wrote some code that reads the SHT75 in a real similar manner that the ISS does.  It is inserted (in txt format) if anyone is interested.  Just copy and paste it into an
Arduino sketch.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

It is not a final version by no means, but to be used as a diagnostic tool - goes really great with a logic analyzer!

Ray

anything