Author Topic: Fall/Winter '18/'19  (Read 8815 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274
Re: Fall/Winter '18/'19
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
For a place that touts sunshine 350 days a year, you'd sure as hell have a hard time proving it. I think I've seen the sun maybe three times in the last six weeks, if not longer. I've been here 30 years and never recall soooo much cloud cover for soooo long. I believe someone posted the same thing a few weeks ago, but I think they were back east, I would expect that.
Change is a comin' though, finally we get a ridge later in the week, temps pushing 80F. \:D/
Eh.
Sunshine is overrated. I'll take cloudy over sunshine every time.
Normally I'd completely agree, because it's always sunny here, but not this season...Jeez, I think I'm back in Vermilion....

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
    • http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBELLE2
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
For a place that touts sunshine 350 days a year, you'd sure as hell have a hard time proving it. I think I've seen the sun maybe three times in the last six weeks, if not longer. I've been here 30 years and never recall soooo much cloud cover for soooo long. I believe someone posted the same thing a few weeks ago, but I think they were back east, I would expect that.
Change is a comin' though, finally we get a ridge later in the week, temps pushing 80F. \:D/
Eh.
Sunshine is overrated. I'll take cloudy over sunshine every time.
Normally I'd completely agree, because it's always sunny here, but not this season...Jeez, I think I'm back in Vermilion....
Hear that!
We had some cool, cloudy, rainy conditions here recently. Reminded me of northern Ohio.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
BTW, another good win for the Brownies, at this rate, they may take the division!

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »
If I had my druthers, I'd choose in between somewhere.  Enough broken clouds to keep the bright Sun out of my eyes at least part of the time.

Banners, tags, widgets, etc. are why I have Signatures turned off.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #229 on: Yesterday at 06:32:55 PM »
Check this out. AFD from Jacksonville Florida issued by the San Juan PR office.
Crazy stuff.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274
« Reply #230 on: Yesterday at 06:45:11 PM »
 :???: I get that it's going to be Arizona dry, but why is JAX showing San Juan's AFD, they're well over 1000 miles apart? Not only, who's drying out, Florida or PR?  :?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #231 on: Yesterday at 07:01:59 PM »
It's the Jax AFD issued by San Juan.
I could see if the office was down because in the past it's happened before and  I think it was Melbourne that issued the AFD.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274
« Reply #232 on: Yesterday at 07:25:44 PM »
It's the Jax AFD issued by San Juan.
I could see if the office was down because in the past it's happened before and  I think it was Melbourne that issued the AFD.
Never heard of such a thing. This is just plain weird. What's wrong with the Jax WFO?