Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 44189 times)

Offline GeoAir.pt

Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #675 on: July 24, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
Translators Needed
I need to get together a group of people fluent in the languages offered by HWS. If anyone is willing to help out, please PM a list of languages that you are fluent in and a contact email for you. I will update the list below as people (hopefully) volunteer. As encouragement, know that for any language that doesn't have someone volunteer, Google Translate will have to be used instead, and we all know how amazing it is at accurately translating........

• Catalan
  • Danish: @gand
  • German
  • French
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Norwegian: @Torjan
  • Polish
  • Russian: @alexeysailman
  • Swedish
  • Spanish: @txweather.org
  • Swedish
  • Turkish

If I missed any languages, please let me know. If you would like a new language added, again, please let me know.

I can help with the portuguese (PT-PT) translation.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
Quick little amendment to yesterdays update

Fixed some typos in the setup page, and some formatting/spacing issues in the menu.

Update with git pull or replace these files if you don't use git (right click => save link as)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #677 on: July 25, 2019, 08:01:01 PM »
Need a little help here from people outside the USA. I'm planning to add NOAA GOES animated maps to the template, but they only cover North and South America. Does anyone know of any similar maps that are automatically updated for other parts of the world? Preferably real satellite images rather than Google Maps like images with clouds drawn over them. An example of one for my area is

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Contributor
    • test site
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »
Have you seen ... https://en.sat24.com/en/freeimages  approx. 45min delay on delivery (their static history pics are usually 5 > 13 min old ?)

sun & clouds actually changes to a different scale infrared ani when the lights go out, better to opt for infrared to start with.
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline Scubad

« Reply #679 on: August 06, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »
I'm using the Weather34 Template with the Beta scripts, so i don't have mysql installed.  Running on a local MAMP server via a NanoSD.

All up and running but I saw that the real feel is way out of whack.  Plus the Wet Bulb is having issues.

Thoughts on why?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:35:21 PM by Scubad »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #680 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
I'm using the Weather34 Template with the Beta scripts, so i don't have mysql installed.  Running on a local MAMP server via a NanoSD.

All up and running but I saw that the real free is way out of whack.

Thoughts on why?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dennis

That is Brian's new template that is exclusively for Davis VP2s with a NanoSD. He's in the middle of moving houses and will be gone for several months. Since it's not an update for this template, I imagine he'll be starting a new thread for it when he's done with his move.

Also, I intend to continue updating this template independently of his new version.

A little bit of a State of the Template update, I'm working on integrating the charts that are built into the MB Pro and Nano SD as a second option for the templates charts. One big advantage is that the charts get data directly from your MB Pro or Nano SD, so new users will have charts that already contain as much of a history as their MB does, and there is no MySQL server or .csv files to deal with on your server, and *hopefully*, no cronjobs to setup on your MB Services tab. The last bit is still being worked on to ensure reliability, but I don't see any reason that it won't work.

Of course, down side is that the new charts are only available to Pro or NanoSD users since the "normal" MB versions like the TP-Link one do not have an internal database to pull data from. If you are a "normal" MB user, don't worry, the mbcharts option isn't going anywhere.

Offline Scubad

« Reply #681 on: August 06, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »
Thanks for the response.  So as a new user/new station owner, which should I deploy?

Trying to get things to work on my hosting provider(bluehost).  So should i just bite the bullet and use yours and deploy a db?

Thanks for the advice.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #682 on: August 06, 2019, 10:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the response.  So as a new user/new station owner, which should I deploy?

Trying to get things to work on my hosting provider(bluehost).  So should i just bite the bullet and use yours and deploy a db?

Thanks for the advice.

Especially considering Brian is in the middle of a big move and his earliest estimate for when he's releasing his new version is December 2019, I'd recommend using my version. Setup the database for mbcharts. I hope to have the initial release of the new charts out in a couple weeks. Gotta work out some positioning issues with the mobile portrait version of the charts and finish getting the coloring to match the template themes.

Checkout the yearly and daily charts on https://BaxleyWeather.com to get an early preview of the new charts.

Offline weather34

• its just my hobby
  • Forecaster
    • Weather34 Meteobridge MB-SMART
« Reply #683 on: August 07, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »

Thanks for the advice.

Good morning

that Beta version is a long way off and is just a personal project, there are only a few users collaborating and weening out the discrepancies and each day I spend an hour each morning going through the list of things todo ,cross it off move on the next there is not many left mostly languages,importing chart data(barometer).the wetbulb/feels like was addressed yesterday .

It  is 100% not a replacement for William's version https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template he maintains and improves and I have no intention of creating a another thread. Williams version is more flexible and supports a wider array of configurations, hardware has more to offer for those that want more .
also Im in absolutely no position to offer any dependable or regular support ,its a personal project thats all .its 100% not ready for primetime and may never be though one user is finding things ok https://singaporeweather.info . once *note once its stable it will be archived and only available on request based on you have a GITHUB account. Cant reiterate enough its a personal project and gives me the chance dabble in many new CSS features where supported by browsers *css GRID amazing results and flexibility , last few years flexbox was the best around but the feature css GRID is pretty neat, more powerful and easy to produce layouts ,though its been around for around 3 years its now being fully supported in most modern browsers ..https://cssgrid-generator.netlify.com https://learncssgrid.com

William i tried the using the internal charts last year , two things observed slow performance due to the fact the nanosd/mbpro were never designed to act as a server .Often saw a few timeouts when pinging the charts over the internet especially noticeable when a lot of historical (years were available) .NANOSD would really warm up at times you could see that by monitoring the indoor temperature from the console (even with the -7 offset to compensate the heat readings already generated) noticeable especially if opening multiple charts so I envisioned if you have a popular accessed site and multiple visitors were pinging/calling the charts simultaneously things would get really slow and hot ..best thing todo william setup a beta with a small amount of users and sit back and see how it runs for others perhaps where they have a lot of historical data also you would be surprised where there data may throw up issues you don't always see locally..

As always William keep up the improvements as one user commented in an email recently "he is such a helpful and knowledgeable chap. He has helped me out with various template things, but has also helped me upgrade to https and also sftp for MB uploads. You found a good one there to take over!"...

have a good shift:-) brian

edit..typo as usual :-)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:15:12 AM by weather34 »
"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."--Herman Melville

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/meteobridge-mb-smart.html