Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 81115 times)

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #1075 on: July 19, 2019, 02:37:38 AM »
Hey guys.
For those who are providing SDR's and/or streams, note I just realized one stream we don't have which is Dayton, OH.  Munsey, Indiana, Cheyenne Wyoming, or Scottsbluff Nebraska.
Scottsbluff was on the wu servers back in 2011 to 2014.  Just realized that, shows how long it's been since I really doug through the old wu playlist files I have and some of their mountpoints to get a feel for that.
Phoenix is up via sdr, as is Dayton, oh.  I'm waiting for some other California streams.  Mainly, santa Barbara, mount diablo and the wolf mountain side of the sacramento link.  Either that one or the sacramento side of it.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #1076 on: July 19, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
Tulsa, OK hasn't had a station streaming in a long while.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/wx/2ndhome.php

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1077 on: July 19, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
Like I told mike, there is where the sdr's come in.
If someone puts up an rtlsdr and who ever that is happens to be near tulsa, as the signature station it'd be nice to see tulsa back online, on the streams list.
It's technically streaming but on broadcastify, and as Mike, John, Ken and others have noted, the general stream url's that people used to listen to the streams change around every 24 hours.  So who ever wants their stream hear on broadcastify has to supply us with a direct link to their broadcastify feed.
I also haven't heard another one streaming in a while, Norwood, MN, Duluth MN, Jaynesville, WI, Cheyenne, Wy, Scottsbluff, NE, Grand Island, NE, Kearny, NE, North Platte, NE, the Longmont side of the Denver feed, Fort Collins, Greely, co, and a lot of others, springdale Arkansas, and springfield Mo, and Illinois.
Hence why I suggested the sdr's, then someone who can listen and stream at the same time can provide a relyable stream of the weather radio stations around the receiver's site and then that'll make for some exciting new aditions to the streams listed on noaaweatherradio.org
More streams, means more reasons to keep such a good project going.  So the more people able to contribute in more wasy than one gives more streams which inturn gives more life to the project.
The more streams, the more contributions the better the life, the stronger so, Heck how ever many people we can get streaming.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:47:34 PM by brandon86 »

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #1078 on: July 20, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »
how do I Make a Complaint on your site?
Weather Radio Freq: 162.475 MHz
Weather Radio Loc:  Plainwell, MI
Transmitter Call Sign: WWF34

Offline sacreyweather

• Echo Valley Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Echo Valley Weather
« Reply #1079 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »
how do I Make a Complaint on your site?

And the complaint is in regard to which site? Brandon's?
CWOP: D2073, GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus, PWSweather,  CoCoRaHS: AR-SL-23  

Saline Weather on Twitter
Blitzortung Station 1387

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1080 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:38 PM »
Well if you are referring to sights, it depends.  If it's on this forum, each post has a report to moderator link next to it.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1081 on: July 22, 2019, 12:28:56 AM »
We still need more streams in the tropical states, florida, the coastal sections of the Carolinas, Georgia, Puerto Rico, and It wouldn't hurt to have some in some of the other NWR Territories, like the U.S Vergin Islands and the American Samoa.  We also have never I don't think had a stream from Guam yet.
Other states we don't have streams for include, New Mexico, and thinking about that.  I was glad to know we had the khb46 Batton Rouge stream up during the tropical storm/hurricane Berry.  Glad to know that people were for the most part safe during that storm.  Hopefully this tropical storm season isn't too terribly active.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1082 on: August 06, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
Hope all are staying weather aware but more over hope all is well.  Haven't seen any new feeds but I bet we wil in soon

Offline hunter362

• Fairmount Hill's Weather
« Reply #1083 on: August 07, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »
If you're plugged into earphone out, it should mute the radio speaker????

This Midland WR120 does not have an Earphone jack only the External Alert jack... and it does not mute it.
Yes that is rather annoying... been meaning to ask this for sometime, I have the same radio, when the weekly test is broadcast on Wed the radio will almost always turn off, same thing when there is an alert, warning lights are still blinking but audio is silent until I press the button again, kills my stream  :roll:

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1084 on: August 18, 2019, 03:05:10 AM »
My stream is back online.
Please be aware that since I am using a ham radio tranciever there will be times that the audio will drop out.
I do have an rtlsdr but my mac that I stream from A, is too old for that and b, I haven't found any blind friendly sdr software to make it go using that.  But the stream is back up.
Just realized that you all have it listed as inactive, it's going.

anything