Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 630913 times)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #3200 on: June 25, 2016, 06:45:39 PM »
I've never officially recorded over 30°C here. I got close in 2013.. wish I could have that now, Summer is turning out to be another Autumn here. :(

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3201 on: June 25, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »
No worries...

development continues :D

The cold front finally arrived, I was at work today talking to my colleague from the forecast deparment, it was coming, I just didnt know when. Now it already started raining, wind speed increases and I can hear the thunder. The temperature will no go down very quickly. Some parts of the Czech Republic experience hail right now! But I live in a relative shade by the mountains, so it never is that bad here. Just heavy rain. Temp dropped by several degrees in just last hour :-)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3202 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »
Have a look :)

http://radar.meteopress.cz/

Brno is on the southeast. There is just one problem... I live in a roof flat and all my windows are sort of in an angle, so when it is raining I cant open it otherwise water comes inside... so it is much better outside now, but I will have to wait before it stops rainig heavily before I can finally fully open them

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3203 on: June 25, 2016, 06:59:21 PM »
LOL :D

6 PM - 34.3°C (94F) , 54%
8:36 PM - 30.5°C (87F),  64%
22:36 PM - 27.2°C (80F), 71%
0:36PM - 22°C (71F), 91%

Goes quite quickly, but in my flat still over 30C (86F) :D

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3204 on: June 25, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »
can you open windows to get cross ventilation to cool the interior down some?

Glad it is cooling a bit.

I cannot imagine our ancestors who had to mow and haul hay, do chores and chop wood and do heavy labor day in and day out in weather like this.

I always felt I like cold better than humid hot.  I can only (legally) take so many clothes off.  I can always put more sweaters and pants on.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3205 on: June 25, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »
I can of course open the windows, but only when it isnt raining. It is now not raining so much any more so I did open them, but it will take some time before it cools down a bit.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3206 on: June 25, 2016, 08:32:09 PM »
Letting in rain is never a good way to cool down.

We were in a building once that had older windows that were supposed to slide up, and either have open to the outside or a screen to minimize bugs coming in, especially at night. 

Well, someone had painted them, generously, and that caused them to be 'glued' shut.  And the resulting loss of air was oppressive.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3207 on: June 25, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »
It stopped raining now, so I can open them fully, but it is not very windy, so it will take time. Fortunately my flat is just a one-room studio basically with a kitchenette, so it isnt big.

The other problem is that I cannot leave the windows open when Im not here even when I know that it definitely wont rain. The other problem is that during the day there are pigeons on the roof and even though it never happened, the risk that one of them somehow gets in... that would be a disaster, so I always have to completely close all of them and then sometimes, when it is like 95F and Im gone for the whole day, you come in and it is like a sauna :D

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #3208 on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »
I thought i'd mention it in here, but the Met Office WoW site has changed, so the link that users add in to meteotemplate (networks) no longer works. It seems there has been a big cock-up made as well, thousands of stations have been unregistered. Thankfully, mine wasn't, but I do have data issues. It seems they have also changed how often it gets updated as well, I used to send my data every minute, but it looks to be a maximum of 5 minute intervals now.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3209 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »
Tina, please use the bug reports section at meteotemplate.com. It is then very difficult for me to keep track of the problems. People send me emails, some post comments in the blog, some post it here and I sometimes just "remember someone mentioned some bug" and I have to go through tens of posts to find it.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #3210 on: June 26, 2016, 08:24:43 AM »
It's not a meteotemplate bug, it's just a reminder for those who use the Met office WoW to check their account, and update their config with the newer WoW link.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3211 on: June 26, 2016, 08:33:05 AM »
Aha, ok, I thought the link changed.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New block - Current Conditions - Australia
« Reply #3212 on: June 26, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »

Current Conditions - Australia

Hi guys,

a new block is now available for showing current conditions in major Australian cities. In the settings you specify your territory. The actual block will then show you the current temperature, humidity, pressure, wind speed and direction and rain since 9AM and in the expanded view also wind gust, daily high/low temperature, times of measurement etc. Data is always shown for stations that currently have data available and the data is cached.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoWide.php?block=currentAustralia

Enjoy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3213 on: June 26, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
Looks good Jachym.  And I can take advantage of menuBlocks as well...

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Newsletter
« Reply #3214 on: June 27, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »
Hi guys,
I have published a new issue of the Meteotemplate newsletter.

You can read it here:
http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=740

There is as always a summary of new features and some other info about the template in general.

If you would like to see the previous issue, the link is here:
http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=698

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor
« Reply #3215 on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »
Hi
 I upgraded to Update 7.0 and open the template cuandi salre me this.Your template is now ready, please let me know at jachymcz@gmail.com So THAT I can add you to the user map. Also will it get you priority support Should you need it. Thanks. Jachym

www.meteo-badalona-pogres.com/template

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3217 on: June 27, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
Juan you probably didnt copy your original setting from your original page. In the instructions I said you have to go to your original homepage and copy your block settings and then paste it in the new one before uploading it. Have you done that?

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #3218 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03:59 PM »
Jáchym,

I really want to thank you for the template!  My site has come so far (I have 0 skills and it looks professional) in such a short period of time.

Thank you again!
John

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3219 on: June 29, 2016, 07:08:47 AM »
Great John, thanks.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Feedback
« Reply #3220 on: June 29, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
I would like to ask you, those of you who want to of course and no matter if you use MT or not, to send me your feedback about the template in general. By that I mean maybe 1 or 2 sentences that would summarize your overall impression and feeling about Meteotemplate in general. I would like to use this for references and maybe also include it in the future on the page as “user comments”. I am definitely not looking for only positive feedback, I am looking for your objective feedback and both positive and negative comments are welcomed. In case I choose yours, I would always include just your first name, so you do not have to worry about your privacy.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Web
« Reply #3221 on: June 29, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
Hi guys,
I hope you will like the completely new website I created. I think based on what has Meteotemplate become, it needs slightly more professional and user friendly look, less scrolling, responsive, everything is not black :-).

Complete redesign and what is more - a completely new Wiki, now a very easy to follow step-by-step tutorial, which reflects the most recent changes and ways things now work.

See for yourself :-)

www.meteotemplate.com

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #3222 on: June 29, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »
Nice Jachym, looks good.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3223 on: June 29, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
Thank you Tom and thank you for sending me your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL USING GOOGLE MAPS!
« Reply #3224 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Hi guys,
it was pointed out to me by several people, who have recently installed Meteotemplate, that their maps are not working.

Doing some Google search I relatively quickly found the problem:

https://developers.google.com/maps/pricing-and-plans/standard-plan-2016-update

What this means:

Anyone using Google Maps on their site (I am not talking about Meteotemplate, this applies to anyone) will now have to get an API key and will also have a daily quota. Users who already have been using Google Maps on their sites prior June 22 now have 90 days to make changes in their scripts and include API key. After that it will stop working. New users have to get the API key right from the beginning - and that also explains why any new user of my template does not currently have maps working.

I will make the corresponding changes and prepare instructions how to proceed for all Meteotemplate users, but I wanted to mention this to anyone, because I know that many people use Google maps on their sites, and honestly - there is no alternative that would get even close to what Google Maps can do. Fortunately, the daily quota seems to be ok for all users like us, who dont have tens of thousands of daily visits.

One problem is that this is obviously something you cannot cache, so caching here will not help.