I need some intrepid software testers to try the new gamma SkySpy release:https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyw2728dhsw9p0g/SkySpyInstall.exe?dl=0
I think I have most of the bugs fixed and unsnarled the Installer issues.
If you have problems with above release, then you should be able to revert to this one:https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qpv7destypx726/SkySpyInstall.exe?dl=0
Note: This is the old buggy beta one.
What is in the new v1.1 release?
- Numerous stability and bug fixes - especially issues with the INI file
- A much improved installer that cleans up after itself
- Removed support for external MySQL database server
- Removed graphs and packet debug grids since none of that stuff is available in Embedded DB mode.
- Added debug, startup and shutdown messages to the Service Readings:Service Debug Information grid
- Fixed jabber problem - It is normal for your Gateway to jabber for about 5 minutes on cold startup. After about 5 minutes it should stabilize and work normally. If it does not stop jabbering then you have not entered your correct PWS Serial Number in Settings|Service Settings
- Added Alerts - you can now set alarm levels for various weather conditions. SkySpyService will email you if weather conditions go outside your trigger limits. You can set the minimum interval between alert messages so you don't use up your SMS text data plan. Most cell phone providers allow you to send an email to a special email address with your phone number as the mailbox name. The provider will then forward the email to your SMS text app on your phone.
DO NOT RESET YOUR GATEWAY to resync with La Crosse. Your PWS serial number will change, and this will break SkySpy. You will have to re-enter your new serial number into SkySpy pretty much every time you play with the button on the Gateway. Resetting the gateway will do nothing to improve SkySpy functionality - it is purely a (really lame) La Crosse server fix.
Things that are NOT done in the new release:
- The manual has not been updated.
- WeatherFlow support is not yet complete
- Cumulus support is not yet complete
- The SMTP Security combo box shows numeric values instead of None/SSL/TLS. Mode 1 works for me. Your mileage may vary.
- The SMS/Email test button does not work yet
Even though the manual is way out of date, you can still use it to configure your Gateway module to work with SkySpy. If you are already using an older version of SkySpy, then you can simply install the new SkySpy and it should work OK.
If this is a new install then you MUST reconfigure your Gateway module and then go into the Settings page of SkySpy Monitor and fix any settings that are incorrect.
Please let me know how this new release works out for you. In the mean time, I will be working on the "not done" list.