Author Topic: Davis datalogger just returns "OK" instead of meaningful data  (Read 661 times)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Although I thought I do quite well understand the Davis protocol with their USB data logger, I get stuck from time to time with Meteohub/Meteobridge users who don't get their console connected. When I step into this I can see that the console just answers "OK" on GETTIME and other requests. Up to now I couldn't exactly explain, when/why this is going to happen. Does someone of the senior Davis pros in this forum also encountered the problem and might give me a hint?

Some hypothesis (but unverified):
- green dot issue: but I remember this resulting into "NO" reply, not "OK"
- console stalled: power-cycle needed?
- console on weak batteries: put to AC or fresh batteries?

As said, I can't reproduce here and the users having this are not many and aren't always the ones you can drill-down with on technical details...
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Davis datalogger just returns "OK" instead of meaningful data
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:24 AM »
When I correctly understand the user who has finally solved the problem, the issue was worked around by power-cycling the console (disconnect AC, batteries, logger).
I know that some Fine-Offset and Oregon devices need a power-cycle sometimes. That Davis also has an issue here (although less often) is news to me...
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Davis datalogger just returns "OK" instead of meaningful data
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
...perhaps because the logger was initially plugged in while power was connected.  That is - not following the installation instructions.