Author Topic: Script to Display CPC Wind Chill Outlook in Saratoga Template  (Read 1437 times)

Online gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Script to Display CPC Wind Chill Outlook in Saratoga Template
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »
This script displays the 6-10 day or 8-14 day Climate Prediction Center's Wind Chill Outlook maps.  These maps are based upon climatological data from 1981 through 2010 and are automatically generated daily between 3 pm and 4 pm, Eastern time.

The map's native width is 950px, and this is the resolution displayed in the Saratoga template widescreen style.  The only settings are the narrow template width, currently set at 656, and whether to use 'onclick' or 'onmouseover' to display the maps.

The script contains auto-centering code that works in all major modern browsers and validates at validator.w3c.org.

The CPC offers no information regarding seasonal availability of these maps, so they may or may not be generated year-round.

Edit 2013 Dec 3:  As is my habit, I forgot a link.  Version 1a cleans up the map-links display without any change in basic functionality.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:53:55 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
Re: Script to Display CPC Wind Chill Outlook in Saratoga Template
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
Thank you Jerry.  =D>
Bob
KK4QXH

Online gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »
The CPC stops creating these Wind Chill Outlooks on March 31.  When it resumes them is still an open question.

The attached scripts in 'wxcpcwind-chill2.zip' displays an error message from April 1 through September 30 (only a guess).  I'll try to discover when the CPC resumes creation of the Wind Chill Outlooks this fall, and update the script accordingly.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:53:36 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Online gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:53:18 AM »
The CPC Wind Chill Outlooks resume by October 1, but the script display logic didn't show them.

The attached revised zip correctly displays the Wind Chill Outlooks again beginning October 1.  All prior scripts have been removed.

Edit 2015 Jan 15:  Not quite.  I modified this script earlier this month but didn't post it.  Version 3 should do it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:56:54 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

anything