Author Topic: Oregon WMR-200A not working with WeatherHub4 (MeteoHub)  (Read 1830 times)

Offline rbrearley

Oregon WMR-200A not working with WeatherHub4 (MeteoHub)
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:17:19 AM »
Hello,

In December I purchased an Ambient WS-2090 with a WeatherHub4.  I had problems with the WS-2090 so I've returned it and kept the WeatherHub4.  I then purchased an Oregon Scientific WMR-200A.  I'm trying to get the the WMR-200A to work with the WeatherHub4 (which is running the latest version of MeteoHub).  Hookup is easy, but I continue to get an error message in the Meteohub log file, "wrong checksum" on sensor.....

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the Oregon WMR-200A and the Metohub software.  If so, what does this mean?  What are the possible solutions to my problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Offline Faceng Ret

• West Melbourne, Florida Weather
Re: Oregon WMR-200A not working with WeatherHub4 (MeteoHub)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »
I had this occur when I was running the WMR200. As I recall, this error was repeatedly generated after a restart. I learned to ignore the error and the error always stopped after the day rolled over, usually shortly after 12:00 AM. I would then clear the log and wouldn't see the error again until the next restart.

Offline rbrearley

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »
I can ignore the errors, but it appears that it is screwing with the WMR200A console.  If I disconnect the WeatherHub from the console the wind sensor works great and for hours on end.  Within 15 minutes of plugging in the WeatherHub to the WMR200A console, the wind sensor stops registering.  Sometimes even the outside temp sensor stops also.

This is very frustrating to say the least.

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Offline Faceng Ret

• West Melbourne, Florida Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »
I see that the WeatherHub4 is based on the Silverstone DC01 and I read on the meteohub forum that there can be issues with the USB HID connection with this hardware. You might want to check the forum for meteohub under the heading iConnect & DC01. http://forum.meteohub.de/