I ordered a replacement bearing, and it came today. So I put the anemometer back together, and put the station back together. But there is still no wind speed reading. I tested* the sensor, and it seems to be functioning correctly. So now I don't know what the problem is. It could be where the anemometer plugs into the weather vane, but I don't know how to test that. The weather vane functions properly, though. They said they were going to send a replacement anemometer on last Monday, but if it doesn't come next Monday the station is going back and I will get a different one.
*- I connected its phone plug to a telephone plate, and tested for continuity while spinning it. My meter beeped, so I assume the sensor is good.