The site looks great Mark. Welcome to the forum and please share some of the information/problems you encountered in setting up the equipment.
Ran into 2 serious/annoying problems...
1) running multiple USB cams from a single system out to 100ft+
2) TE923W-M wireless reception issueProblem #1
was solved by using POWERED USB Hubs.
1 for each camera, each on their own port. 5v, 2.1amp...
I am using USB extenders, but the PC couldnt supply enough power via USB to keep em going.
Not in any stable fashion anyways. It could handle 1 and sometimes 2, but not a 3rd.
After going with the powered hubs I actually tested up to 4 USB cams at once - all stable.Problem #2
, I didnt FULLY realize until Monday morning, when I was going to go live with the website.
I had been testing the station equipment, getting software configured, etc, at my home.
Randomly, something would drop signal, but only for short periods.
The final resting place for the weather station was my office. Which, has a flat roof,
steel I-beams and corrugated steel decking, which is also tar and shingle over top. I installed the equipment on Saturday.
Early EARLY on Monday morning I realized that the base station dropped signal
from the anemomter and the UV sensor - and couldn't find them again.
The Final, 5AM, driving back and forth across town resolution:
I utilized the FM antenna wire from my stereo receiver.
I opened the base station, drilled a tiny hole in the case,
stripped about 3 inches of casing from the FM antenna wire
wrapped it around the existing antenna,
tacked it down with a little solder, ran it out the drilled hole.
The standard FM Receiver antenna wire is about 60 inches.
Just so happens, a 1/4 wavelength for the TE923W-M is right at 7 1/2 inches...
A 2 FULL wavelength antenna, off of a retired stereo...
The reception jumped thru the roof -- No pun intended...