Author Topic: Redundant battery change - Part 2 of 2  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Redundant battery change - Part 2 of 2
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
After my Davis work, I noticed the low battery indicator on my OS console.  I ass-u-me'd it was the channel 1 (outdoor) sensor, at least 2 years since I changed them.  So I pulled down my shield, popped the sensor out, and there was no "low battery" on the lcd display.  Went back in the house, turned out it was the roving channel 3 sensor that was dying.

Figured I had the sensor down, might as well change out the batteries since it has been 2 years at least since I changed them, and my luck it would flash the indicator when it was minus 20 in December.  Pulled out the AA lithiums popped in testor, and it was bouncing off the right side like the day they were installed.  ???  Oh well.  I threw them in the channel 3, and popped new ones in the outdoor sensor.

I know OS accuracy and some of the quality is not there, but 2+ years battery life out of the sensors with an LCD readout kills the 6 months I get out of my Davis 6372.

Andrew

Part 1 http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=13579.0

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Re: Redundant battery change - Part 2 of 2
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:38 AM »
 Yeah I know my OS gets change every 3 years and I use Alkys and I know I get lot colder then you do where they are at.