Author Topic: When does rain season start?  (Read 9952 times)

Offline volvogirl

When does rain season start?
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
I'm in Northern California.  When does the rain totals start over?  When should I reset my weather station to zero for the new year?  Isn't it like Nov 1?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: When does rain season start?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
In the SF Bay area, the rain season is from July 1 to June 30th. 

Which NWS area are you covered by?  If it's Monterey/SF, then the July 1 to June 30th is probably your season too.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline volvogirl

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:27:34 PM »
Wow, that was quick!  I had already logged off.  I'm up in Sacramento.  Yeah that sounds right now that I think about it.  I hope we haven't had too much since July 1.  What a great summer we had.  Only 9 days over 100 instead of 22 average.  Well it's suppose to rain Mon & Tue.  Thanks, again.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »
Wow, that was quick!  I had already logged off.  I'm up in Sacramento.  Yeah that sounds right now that I think about it.  I hope we haven't had too much since July 1.  What a great summer we had.  Only 9 days over 100 instead of 22 average.  Well it's suppose to rain Mon & Tue.  Thanks, again.

I'll bottle up some and send it over your way if you'd like. I took these a couple hours ago from areas about a 1/4 mile down the road. We're slightly up hill but it wouldn't take much to reach us.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:28:51 AM »
I'll bottle up some and send it over your way if you'd like. I took these a couple hours ago from areas about a 1/4 mile down the road. We're slightly up hill but it wouldn't take much to reach us.

Man alive!!!!   :shock:

Is that from a tropical storm or just the rainy monsoon thing?

I hope you stay dry!
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:37 AM »
Several back to back cells passed and brought or local river up over it's banks for the last couple of days. Rains have slowed and the river has just started to recede (3 meters is it's highest before spilling out and it's now just over 5 meters). We've been watching the 2 approaching typhoons/hurricanes. Sorry for the thread-jacking. :oops:

anything