There are lots of variables here:
1) Is it possible that someone set up a new server with your old IP address?
2) Is it possible that your local DNS administrator has modified your IP address in the Domain Name Server?
3) If you are running Apache, do you have access to the home directory for the website weather.rms.drale.org/?
4) If you are running IIS, check the authentication options on the server for that sub-website.
5) Check to make sure that someone hasn't added authentication to rms.rdale.org.
6) Check your log files, assuming you can get to the server. Make sure that your username is being correctly dis-recognized.
7) Make sure that no one has change the .htaccess file to require authentication. If they have, make sure the username file is accessible.
Without knowing your server platform, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot from outside.
I think all are very possible. Those sound like administrator issues. I have emails in. They are making updates, but it is Friday.
for #5-can that be done from the outside? I was even looking for code in my htx. Could not see anything.
If the system admin put an authentication on the site-would that stop the graphics from being uploaded?
My weather computer could see the server area, but the WL images didn't update. Sounds more server-ish to me.