Here's a pic of the solar powered station.
It's in a locked, clear front Allied Moulded Products enclosure, sitting on a counter in the bottom floor museum of a refurbished Forest Service Fire Lookout.
The clear door is for advertising and PR. The cabinet is locked just to keep an enterprising college intern on an overnighter from realizing there's an Ethernet connection in there and using it to watch NetFlix on my dime. (low rent plan of 250 megabytes/month)
Originally, it had a low profile hockey puck mobile antenna on it, which worked well for a year or so. Then Verizon started experiencing interference in that sector.
Inside are the WeatherElement data hub, the cellular router, and a reboot timer. I probably don't need the timer anymore. During troubleshooting, Verizon techs kept wanting me to reboot the router when it lost connection. I kept telling them that the router was 75 miles round trip away, on a mountain top, behind 3 locked gates because the rains had made the road impassable. So, when I got up there in Dec. I installed a 12vdc 7 day time programmed to reboot it 2x per day.
As I expected, it made no difference.
Part of the problem may be that, on a 3,200' elevation mountain top, the radiation pattern of the original antenna was above the local cell sites.
Just last month, I got the station down and installed the stub mast and a small Yagi. Since then, it's been running very well, even though it's inside a block building.