Author Topic: wl.com intermitent forward of data to wu and CWOP  (Read 2405 times)

Offline NerradWx

wl.com intermitent forward of data to wu and CWOP
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »
Hi All,
New to the list but a long, long time lurker. I have used and referenced the info on this site many times. Thanks to all.

I am into my second month of operation VP2 w/WLIP. I am using wl.com to forward my data to wu and Cwop. I have experienced lost of data to wu and Cwop several times now. During these outages my data at the wl.com page is current. Has anyone else seen this?
I am currently working with Davis. No resolution yet. Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline daswx

Re: wl.com intermitent forward of data to wu and CWOP
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »
It's happened to me a couple of times in the last few months....it tends to "correct" itself over a period of time (which can vary from an hour to several hours....)....
My guess is it's related to the server(s) used by Davis....The CWOP servers all seem to be operational when I've experienced the "NO DATA" warning...
Just this morning (1/20) I noticed CWOP data had downloaded from MY station within the last 10 minutes that I posted......but Meso West data hadn't updated for over an hour!! WU had received my data within 3 minutes of posting......so if you're sure your station is uploading the way it should.....don't worry too much about seeing the occasional "NO DATA" from a source....Of course, if the "outage" continues for a day or so, I'd get in touch with the site(s) Administrator......Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:48:24 AM by daswx »

Offline M0TTB

• Watford Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »
Hi All,
New to the list but a long, long time lurker. I have used and referenced the info on this site many times. Thanks to all.

I am into my second month of operation VP2 w/WLIP. I am using wl.com to forward my data to wu and Cwop. I have experienced lost of data to wu and Cwop several times now. During these outages my data at the wl.com page is current. Has anyone else seen this?
I am currently working with Davis. No resolution yet. Any ideas?

Thanks

You are not alone! The last few days has seen my updates to CWOP and WU from weatherlink.com become rather irregular... no gaps of more than an hour, but 30-45 minute gaps are not uncommon, where-as they used to be consistantly every 15mins. And all along, my data to weatherlink.com is fine, minute by minute.
wx station: Davis wireless VP2, 2x VP2 consoles 1x Vue console, Weatherlink IP + meteobridge
Amateur Radio station: Icom IC-7851 & IC-7100, Kenwood TS-2000 + RC-2000, SPE Expert 2K, Heil PR781, MW0JZE Broadband Hexbeam, HRD Software.

Offline NerradWx

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:01:25 AM »
Thanks for your replies!

I have not heard anything back from Davis. I hope to hear something today. When I initially called the tech mentioned that they were doing some server work. I don't know that it is related though. I will post if I hear anything.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:42:30 AM by NerradWx »

Offline bro931

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »
Thanks for your replies!

I have not heard anything back from Davis. I hope to here something today. When I initially called the tech mentioned that they were doing some server work. I don't know that it is related though. I will post if I here anything.
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and found it while searching the web for information on the missing uploads to WU, CWOP, etc.  It's another week down the calendar and this problem persists.  For me anyway.  Are all of you also still not getting you data uploaded as subscribed?

I sent an e-mail directly to davis support last week and they said they were just made aware of the problem, and that it would be fixed shortly.

So far, no fix as far as I can tell.

Cheers!

Offline NerradWx

Re: wl.com intermittent forward of data to wu and CWOP
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »
bro931,

They have been made aware of the problem well over a week ago, more like two as I type. I had not heard a word in over a week and still haven't. So yesterday I sent an email asking if any progress has been made. No answer yet.
Needless to say I am still seeing the missed uploads. I understand it may be a difficult problem to get resolved but the lack of correspondence is disappointing. I will post if I hear anything. I wonder how many are seeing this problem.

Offline mcneese832000

• Contributor
    • Gumbeaux Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
I have been having the same issues as well with WU. Very inconsistent at times.
Davis Vantage Vue w/ Weatherlink IP

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/gumbeaux

Offline TampaFL

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
I to had been having the same issues this week - with some times gaps of 1-3 hours. But since late Thursday it has been updating every 15 mins. (knock on wood, fingers crossed  :-|) may be davis corrected the problem with there servers???

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/D6203

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS
WeatherlinkIP
CoCoRahs FL-HB-15
CWOP DW6203

Offline Andy Thompson

• Southern Minnesota Live Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Madelia and Thompson Farms
    • Southern Minnesota Live Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
Sounds like your data logger is losing communication with the server. I experienced this when I used WeatherLink IP about 3.5 years ago. I tried troubleshooting the issue with Davis and they (at the time) did not know what to do. I then gave up and got a serial data logger and everything has worked perfectly since then. But you CANNOT update your page on Weatherlink.com if you go with the serial. Just to warn you.
Regards,
Andy Thompson
www.somnwx.com

Offline JACK10562

• Forecaster
  • DW5051
    • DW5051 East Harwich MA
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
I gave up on WeatherLink.Com because of missing and/or irregular data uploads.

I installed Cumulus and it's performance with my uploads to CWOP and WU have been outstanding in regularity, as long as it wasn't taken offline while I was doing other troubleshooting.

It's free to use, (donationware) and very easy to set up. Excellent support site as well.

Bye, Weatherlink.

Full disclosure: I am purely a satisfied personal user of Cumulus and have no involvement whatsoever with the developer, financially or otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:11:13 PM by JACK10562 »
CWOP:DW5051
MADIS ID:D5051
WU:KMAEASTH4
CoCoRaHS:MA-BA-23
DavisVantagePro2Plus#6163
Cumulus 1.9.4(1097)←☼

anything