Author Topic: Problems with temperature records?  (Read 326 times)

Offline meteochiclana

• Meteochiclana
Problems with temperature records?
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:10:52 AM »
Hello friends, sorry for my English, I am Spanish.

I noticed that both in the reports of noaa, as in the records registered in weatherlink (in my case every 10 minutes), the temperature records are different from the real ones emitted and saved by the console.
We are talking about differences that fluctuate around 0,1 or 0,3ºC. So the minimum and maximum often do not match.
I leave you two captures for you to see ... of a minimum temperature of November 25 both in the console with its time at 5: 01h and in the weatherlink records ... the minimum indicates 14.7ºc as you see ...
Use weatherlink 6.0.3.
Do you know what is due ??
Thank you

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: Problems with temperature records?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:16:51 PM »
On my VP console for the historical highs and lows temps are rounded to the nearest degree Fahrenheit, the decimal is dropped.  So I believe 14.4 C would be the closest to 58 F.  Weatherlink stores the records without rounding.  So Weatherlink is closest to the actual reading, the console has more limited data storage capability and converts to metric from its native English units after rounding.  That would go along with the max difference of 0.3 degrees (~0.5F) that you see.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:35:39 PM by SnowHiker »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Problems with temperature records?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:09:51 PM »
That is possible? Do you have WL Temperature & Humidity Calibration set to Average of archive period or not? Is your WL Raw, Console and Adjusted temps identical?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:11:36 PM by Mattk »

anything