Author Topic: UV and Solar sensors Not Working  (Read 676 times)

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
UV and Solar sensors Not Working
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:18:15 PM »
Since the end of daylight saving which ended on March 31st in my area my UV and Solar sensors are not reporting any readings on my Weatherlink software?.
Is this supposed to happen?. I have checked the connections and they seem fine, also checked for debris or dust particles on the top of both sensors and both are o.k.

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
Re: UV and Solar sensors Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:47:51 AM »
I have checked on the console and at first they both were showing zeros and then I noticed the console was displaying the solar reading, so I checked the weatherlink software and it is
now displaying both sensor readings again?.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
Are the date and time exactly the same on the console, and on your computer?

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »
The console time is one minute ahead of the time displayed at the top left of the weatherlink screen which I think is also my computer time.
It is the next day now and the solar readings are being displayed but not the UV yet.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
The console time is one minute ahead of the time displayed at the top left of the weatherlink screen which I think is also my computer time.
It is the next day now and the solar readings are being displayed but not the UV yet.

The times should be the same - you can use a setting in Setup in WeatherLink software to make that the case.  Be careful to *NOT* clear all data when you do that.

Earlier you said "so I checked the weatherlink software and it is
now displaying both sensor readings again?. "  Now you say no UV?  What is the situation?

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »
Yes it is also now displaying the UV, as we in the southern hemisphere head towards the winter months these do not start currently until about 8.30am.
I suspect the UV will start later as the days get shorter especially on cloudy days.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »
So I assume these zero's were during the day when there should be non zero values as opposed to night when there will be zero values?

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »
The zeros were displayed at about 2pm, then I went to console to see if they were displayed there.
At first there were also zeros displayed there also on the console but after a while I noticed that the solar was displaying a reading on the console, so I checked the weatherlink software and it was displaying both the UV and Solar.
So it was something I did with the console that these were displaying again.

It might have something to do with fact that I had the auto daylight time set which changed on March 26th or one week early so I left it as it was only a few days away till the actual real change over date on April 1st this year. So I was running the console set at standard time while the weatherlink was using the PC time which was still daylight time.
After reading the excellent manuals provided by Davis I realized that I should be using the manual daylight time option as in the southern hemisphere we cannot use the Auto daylight time feature. So hopefully this will not happen again?.

anything