Author Topic: Vantage Vue stopped sending archive data 'no new data'  (Read 1864 times)

Offline tonyh

Re: Vantage Vue stopped sending archive data 'no new data'
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 03:49:42 AM »
As stated in one of my initial posts I am merely rather a technologically inept weather enthusiast who saw the update as beneficial (did not even know what mfg code meant!)..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:52:11 AM by tonyh »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 05:07:24 AM »
As stated in one of my initial posts I am merely rather a technologically inept weather enthusiast who saw the update as beneficial (did not even know what mfg code meant!)..

It's a good rule of firmware updates not to install one, unless you have an issue that the update might fix. Updates for a relatively mature product like the Vue are usually either residual bug fixes (which you may not be suffering from anyway) or are adjustments to new hardware components, which won't be relevant to an older console.

Let's see what the v3.00 F/W does for you - hopefully it might fix the problem. But I'm still a bit uncertain about this one. You did definitely try clearing the logger and it made no difference?

Anyway, there are plenty of things to have a pop at Davis about, but let's not blame them for something that probably isn't their fault.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:08:55 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

I ...... utilise Weatherlink periodically for archive data and graphs.

Just to complete the picture - what do you see when you use WeatherLink to (attempt to) display information from the station?  Such as bulletin, graphs, etc.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
....but let's not blame them for something that probably isn't their fault.

Like who was blaming Davis about this? The man is simply trying to now reverse what he probably did wrong and admits he didn't quite understand what things meant yet several are down on him like a conviction, give the attitude a rest.