Author Topic: Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update  (Read 892 times)

Offline jrodriguez6

Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
I can't get a Straight Answer from Davis on Whether or Not the Weatherlink USB on a Davis Vantage Pro2 or Vue will update Data to Cumulus or Weather Underground  when the Computer is Turned on in the Morning. I have an Ambient Weather 2080 currently and its worked like this for 9 years. I wanted to update my weather station and I can't believe I have to pay extra for the Data Logger Connection but now I can't even hear the Data will be stored and updated. Thanks I hope Someone will confirm. Something...

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 04:55:01 PM »
That sounds like a Cumulus question, not a Weatherlink/logger one, so you wouldn't expect Davis to know. The archive data will be available from the logger when the computer is turned back on. So does Cumulus (whichever version you're using) download the archive data and then update WU? Might be better asking on the Cumulus forum at http://sandaysoft.com/forum/
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:43:59 PM »
Yes restarting Cumulus, running on a computer connected with a Davis USB datalogger to console, will download from the logger the data since Cumulus was last running - i.e. shutting down Cumulus and the computer at night and restarting in the morning, Cumulus will download from the logger the data since last night's shutdown.  Cumulus monthly log files will be updated with the downloaded data.

With the 'catch up' setting in Cumulus turned on, Cumulus will also upload the data to Weather Underground.  It would also do the 'catch up' to PWS, Weatherbug and WOW if you had Cumulus uploading to those sites.

The same thing would happen with a serial or IP logger.

Davis stations can run stand alone, or connected to a computer or router which would then need the optional logger.  Once connected to a computer then Weatherling program or third party programs like Cumulus can access the logger and the live data.

You will like the Davis!

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline LABob

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »
I can't get a Straight Answer from Davis on Whether or Not the Weatherlink USB on a Davis Vantage Pro2 or Vue will update Data to Cumulus or Weather Underground  when the Computer is Turned on in the Morning. I have an Ambient Weather 2080 currently and its worked like this for 9 years. I wanted to update my weather station and I can't believe I have to pay extra for the Data Logger Connection but now I can't even hear the Data will be stored and updated. Thanks I hope Someone will confirm. Something...

Just in case you would like to upload weather data continuously without having to leave a computer on 24x7, there are several ways to achieve this. Products like Meteobridge are very compact and low power.