Author Topic: Tru-Gain Antennas 14dBi Yagi and L-Com 6dBi Omni Antenna for Davis 7654 Repeater  (Read 863 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
I have a couple of 900MHz antennas that I was using for the Davis Long-Range repeater that I would like to sell.

One is a Tru-Gain Antennas 14dBi Yagi. Datasheet

The other is an L-Com 6dBi Omni. Info Webpage

Both of these are "used", the Omni about 2 years and the Yagi about a year. I needed more antenna gain, so I replaced the Yagi with a 17dBi model. I needed to rejuggle items on the mast in order to accommodate the TOA lightning detector so I replaced the Omni with a small Yagi. The paper label is a bit faded on the Omni.

Both antennas have an "N" Female connector. The Yagi has a pigtail connection, the Omni N is mounted on the base.

I can include N-Male to RP-TNC cables (Davis repeater end uses the RP-TNC). One is a 3 meter cable, and I don't recommend using it due to cable loss at 900MHz. The 1 meter cable might be OK. It might be OK for a test or the 3m might be usable on the output side of the repeater. I would recommend using shorter, low-loss N-to-RP-TNC cables in place of these to have less loss.

The Davis supplied Yagi is 11dBi so this antenna has higher gain. The Davis Omni is 5dBi, so my antenna is basically the same.

Please PM me if you have interest. I had $20 each on the antennas at a local Ham swap, but they didn't sell. I will entertain offers. Compare what the "official" Davis antennas will cost you and these are a bargain. These will require a larger box than I currently have and the shipping might be high due to the unusual shape. I'll figure something out at the appropriate time if there is interest in these. I would prefer to sell both antennas at the same time.

Mounting hardware is included and clean (no rust). UPDATE: Ordered an appropriate 2" U-Bolt to replace the "borrowed" one on the Omni L-Com. The original is stainless/metric and the new one is plated/inch. I placed the appropriate 5/16" flat washer, split washer and nut on the new U-Bolt. So there will be one of each, but with the supplied hardware it shouldn't matter.

Greg H.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:58:32 AM by miraculon »

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF