Author Topic: Bloomsky, another script  (Read 25062 times)

Offline Bob3rd

Re: Bloomsky, another script
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
It's been a while since I did this stuff.  After I substitute my API key for the one in the script and save it, do I put the code inside an HTML wrapper?  Sorry for such a basic question but how do I run it so it generates the HTML needed to display as a web page?

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 12:18:11 PM »
Now I know I must be blind no one else is asking this. Were is my dashboard???? I looked on the website and on the app. I know I will be kicking myself when someone tells me were its at but I have no clue right now.  ](*,)

I had to search through the blog and found the link.  https://dashboard.bloomsky.com/

Cheers!

Chris

You cant get to the developer area from the web or can you? I'm using my login from the app and I cant get to the developers area.  :-x
Tony

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Now I know I must be blind no one else is asking this. Were is my dashboard???? I looked on the website and on the app. I know I will be kicking myself when someone tells me were its at but I have no clue right now.  ](*,)

I had to search through the blog and found the link.  https://dashboard.bloomsky.com/

Cheers!

Chris

You cant get to the developer area from the web or can you? I'm using my login from the app and I cant get to the developers area.  :-x
You have to logon with your normal e-mail and password used when you registered the first time.
This page should show then, the developers link is at the bottom left.
Wim

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
I finally found it. Thank you.

I had to log in and out of Facebook for some reason to get there.
Tony

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 12:30:42 PM »
It's been a while since I did this stuff.  After I substitute my API key for the one in the script and save it, do I put the code inside an HTML wrapper?  Sorry for such a basic question but how do I run it so it generates the HTML needed to display as a web page?
The script generates only 1 div which contains everything.
It will run as is, simply enter in your browser your wewbsite (not the xxx) plus the/ws_bloomsky.php 

xxxxxxxx.com/ws_bloomsky.php

Modern browsers will add the missing parts.

Once satisfied after customizing, you can use an existing page or make a new one.

Wim

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »
Did I miss something for my timezone in the script? I'm in Eastern Time Zone and it comes up mountain on the page

http://www.cnyweather.com/ws_bloomsky.php
Tony

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Did I miss something for my timezone in the script? I'm in Eastern Time Zone and it comes up mountain on the page

http://www.cnyweather.com/ws_bloomsky.php
This script is meant to be integrated inside an existing website, that it is used in one of your own pages.
As a component somewhere on a page which already exists. Example when you add it to an existing  Saratoga page (or a new one) the timezone-setting is done by the settings.php of the Saratoga-template.

I will add a timezone setting in the top-part but will comment it out as default, only used in stand-alone use. 
Same for the  enclosing html head body part also. Will be added those things tomorrow.

The vertical version will have all settings as it is meant to run on your smartphone.

Wim

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
Thanks Wim.

I have looked at other pages with the script and they seem ok. I checked my settings and have the correct time zone.
Viewing my station on the app, time looks ok.
Tony

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 01:45:48 PM »
Just a FYI for those out there that may be using GoDaddy Classic Linux Hosting.  I had to change my https:// request to a regular http:// for the API call.  Not sure exactly what it is about GoDaddy that doesn't like that.  But that was all my issue was.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the update for time zone and see what the vertical version looks like.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.bismarckweather.net/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 02:15:50 PM »
Added to the first post the script for the vertical version to be used in your smart-phone pages.
This -v version has already some basic "html head body" included which will be enhanced and made optional in the final release. It also has the timezone setting,default NewYork.
All these changes are based on your remarks and will be included in the next releases of both versions.

I have just one iPhone to test to make sure, for all other phones I use the develop-facilities of Chrome.

Again, all remarks are welcome, but my timezone is CET so it will be tomorrow before there will be answers.

Wim

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
I'm trying to change the font-family in the header. I tried adding font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; to the $bl_head_CSS but it didn't seem to make any difference. I was able to change it in the description and value. Any ideas?

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
I'm trying to change the font-family in the header. I tried adding font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; to the $bl_head_CSS but it didn't seem to make any difference. I was able to change it in the description and value. Any ideas?
I will add more css for the complete page/div later.

I did a test and changed the settings in line 29 for the header line to
Code: [Select]
$bl_head_CSS    = 'font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; color: white; background-color: #7190BF; text-align: center; margin: 0;';So for that one line it is OK.

If you want it for the total DIV so for all texts you have to add it to line 28

Code: [Select]
$bl_div_CSS     = 'font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px;  margin: 5px 5px;  color: black;  background-color: transparent; border: 1px solid grey; border-bottom: 3px solid grey;';
So all texts will be in that family also.

Warning: This is not a stand-alone page yet, only a component to be added to other pages or to be included in a "newpage.php" page in Saratoga en Leuven.
Most settings on a page are done by website wide CSS file in the < head > section

Wim

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:56:10 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 04:50:01 PM »
Wim,

Here's another thought for this script. You currently are showing up to four prior videos. Using the links that are created in the script, I played with the date of the mp4 files and found that Bloomsky apparently keeps some finite number of old videos that you can access. For mine, on this date, I was able to manually select and view videos all the way back to Feb 16, 2016 which is twelve days of videos. I'll check tomorrow but I suspect the number of files kept is limited to perhaps only the last 12 days of files. What would be nice is for the script to look at what videos are available and then create a listing that is displayed so the viewer could look at any of those still available.
That is a nice idea, but the overhead for checking if all those files exist, should be quit a task slowing the start-up.

Another possibility: we add a "Bloomsky member since" setting, show 5 buttons + plus a dropdown with all dates until start membership.
If they not keep all videos we maybe find a max number of videos they keep and can use that to restrict the size of the dropdown.

HELP WANTED:  But someone with an active Bloomsky device should first find out if one can go back to the first day ( +1 as it is yesterdays movie) of membership.

Wim

P.S. I hope Bloomsky starts shipping to Europe again soon.

Wim,

Evolving nicely - great job!

When I look at my dashboard, I see video files back to 2/16/2016 which is the day I went live with my Bloomsky. I don't know how far back the video files go. It looks like the earliest to install was VaJim on 2/9/2016 based on forum inputs. There may be others who have been on-line longer. Hopefully, they will see this thread and give us an indication as to how far back their dashboard shows video data. A drop-down of available files would be nice. If you have that, then you probably don't need the -1, -2,-3 and -4 buttons. Just a LATEST and then a drop-down list of  available files that can be selected.

Again, great job!  =D&gt;
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline waysta

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »
My WU data goes back to January 18, but it looks like when I deleted my device and reset the WiFi connection, I lost all of my dashboard data.  Interesting.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 06:36:59 PM »
I got both versions working:
www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php and  www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky_v.php  very easy...

but not yet incorporated into a template page.  I presume this is why the  bloomsky.php shows Last data uploaded at  Feb 28, 2016 6:17pm MST whereas bloomsky_v.php shows our correct Last data uploaded at  Feb 28, 2016 6:17pm EST

My data table started Feb 17th at 8:00 pm (night time) and first video is Feb 18th.
Thanks Wim,

Paul

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 10:00:20 PM »
I got both versions working:
www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php and  www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky_v.php  very easy...

but not yet incorporated into a template page.  I presume this is why the  bloomsky.php shows Last data uploaded at  Feb 28, 2016 6:17pm MST whereas bloomsky_v.php shows our correct Last data uploaded at  Feb 28, 2016 6:17pm EST

My data table started Feb 17th at 8:00 pm (night time) and first video is Feb 18th.
Thanks Wim,

Paul

Nice work Paul. But, when I looked at your Feb 25 time-lapse, I noticed your video showed what appears to be a snow-covered camera lens. Guess we're going to have to put up a reminder to check the lens for obstructions (snow, ice, bird droppings  :shock: , etc.) so we can clean them, if necessary, each morning when we get up.  :lol:
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 10:18:40 PM »
Thanks Don,
Yes some snowing has covered the camera for a while.  On that day I had seen several BloomSkys on the other side of Lake Huron, in eastern Michigan, also were similar with snow covered camera that lasted most of the day.  It is now one of things to check when I am doing the daily CoCoRaHS snow measuring.

We were away yesterday, leaving in the morning, when there was snow on the ground and it was neat to see in the evening from the time lapse how the snow had been disappearing during the day.

Paul

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2016, 10:24:18 PM »
Hey, that's a great idea - do the lens check when you do your CoCoRaHS measurements!  =D&gt;

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 08:10:24 AM »
Edited first post with latest version of normal script and vertical/smartphone script.

Scripts now have default enclosing html, language support en-de-nl-fr,  TZ (default America/New_York)

To do:
drop down older movies (not all movies are saved but still no clue when and why)
add full pages for Saratoga and Leuven
how-to documentation

Wim

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
I updated both and looking good:
www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php and  www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/ws_bloomsky_v.php 

Still to place in template pages.
Paul

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 09:54:04 AM »
Thanks for the work on this Wim. Looking good.
Tony

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 11:32:06 AM »
Latest versions working nicely! For a man without a Bloomsky station, you are doing an outstanding job on this. Let's just hope the day will come when you can get your own Bloomsky device. You have certainly earned it.  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

Suggestion, how about some kind of an INI file (or something similar) that lets us enter in our API and timezone and then have the bloomsky.php include that file so the code can run on it's own without our having to enter the API credentials with each new version? That should also make it easier to use as a stand-alone or within templates like Ken's Saratoga template.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
Latest versions working nicely! For a man without a Bloomsky station, you are doing an outstanding job on this. Let's just hope the day will come when you can get your own Bloomsky device. You have certainly earned it.  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

Suggestion, how about some kind of an INI file (or something similar) that lets us enter in our API and timezone and then have the bloomsky.php include that file so the code can run on it's own without our having to enter the API credentials with each new version? That should also make it easier to use as a stand-alone or within templates like Ken's Saratoga template.
There is in a template always one important ini file aka the settings file.
So, yes if I release a new version of my template, the api-key is in the settings and the script will read the main settings for all adaptions.

And for non-template users, once the script is tested enough, new versions will be rare and as separate ini for non-template users only make their live more complicated.

Attached you will find the first almost complete release, including readme, versions for Saratoga/Leuven and others.  All 4 languages are there also.
Will take some more testing, but I doubt there will be any large changes to come.

Wim

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »
Latest version working nicely. Have tested Saratoga template version.

Agree about the settings not being necessary as once the routines are completed there will be little need for updates.

Great job!

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2016, 01:14:15 PM »
Hi Wim,

First of all, thanks so much for all you do with supporting us and our station websites.  I use Ken's template, but in the past, I have set your's up and it is excellent work as well.

I have tried to set up your Bloomsky script and am running into a weird error... could you point me in the right direction to fix it? 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Running the two files from the Saratoga folder (wxbloomsky.php calling ws_bloomsky.php).  Attached is the result.  I have confirmed that I do indeed have network access and can connect to my Bloomsky station both through the app and via a browser on my desktop.  Baffled....

Cheers!

Chris