Author Topic: Weird lack of signal problem with Atlas  (Read 763 times)

Offline AlanD96

Weird lack of signal problem with Atlas
« on: October 05, 2019, 01:57:20 PM »
I have an Atlas with three touchscreens and an Access. 
For the last few days, the reception on all of my screens has been very low, with the number of "bars" dropping to zero at times.   The Access splash page however gave me a constant signal of "4" and said the battery was "normal"

Amazingly enough, my Access was working fine, and looking at my PWS Weather Underground page, it was getting constant readings when my home Atlas screens were not. 

I put new lithium batteries in the Atlas anyway.   No change at all, checked the old batteries and they had been fine. 
Just to see what would happen, I unplugged one of the touchscreens.  When I plugged it back in, it could not FIND the Atlas weather station at all.  After an hour I had no readings from the station.
Finally I thought I'd do a factory reset.    To my amazement, I have full bars on that screen now and it's reading like a champ.  Of course, all my data from that touchscreen is gone  :( 

My two other screens are still showing a lack of signal.   I figure if I do a factory reset on them, I'll be back to normal but I hate to do that.

Just wondering if our friend George or anyone can give me any idea of what the heck is going on here?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Weird lack of signal problem with Atlas
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 04:32:40 PM »
I'm not sure what originally happened, but you might want to verify the channel switch in the Atlas didn't get bumped when you were changing batteries.

Check the sensor channel of the display that is now working.  See if it still matches the channel of the displays that can't find the sensor.

If it doesn't match, try removing, then re-adding the sensor in the display.  I'd assume that would be less drastic than a reset. 

Offline AlanD96

Re: Weird lack of signal problem with Atlas
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »
Thanks George,

That's what happened when I changed batteries, I must have moved that switch to "C." 

My other two screens are happy now, I removed and added a sensor and all is fine.

That doesn't explain what was going on before I changed batteries, since the old ones were fine.  Maybe I was getting some interference on the "A" channel, although the Access continued to receive everything perfectly on that channel.

I guess it's just one of those mysteries.  Thanks again for your suggestion.