Author Topic: Weatherlink 2.0 API with DID and API key?  (Read 559 times)

Offline sheldon

• Roma EUR Meteo
Weatherlink 2.0 API with DID and API key?
« on: October 28, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »
Hi guys,
from this document I see that for getting the XML API in Weatherlink 2.0 it's needed anyway to have the ownerpassword, i.e. the Weatherlink Account password. Now, someone told me that I could obtain the XML API just having DID and API key, withoud password. Is it really possible?
Thank you.
My weather Station in Rome:
http://www.romaeurmeteo.it/

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink 2.0 API with DID and API key?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:00:10 AM »
Hi guys,
from this document I see that for getting the XML API in Weatherlink 2.0 it's needed anyway to have the ownerpassword, i.e. the Weatherlink Account password. Now, someone told me that I could obtain the XML API just having DID and API key, withoud password. Is it really possible?

I have not heard this - AFAIK you do still need the owner's password. There has been some speculation that this requirement might be relaxed to allow the user's password to be used instead (obviously in cases where the user is different from the owner) but there's been no announcement from Davis that a change has been made. Of course it might have been implemented without any announcement - best suggestion is just to try it - maybe you'll discover that it does work!

(Actually, if the requirement to use the owner's pw is dropped then I do wonder what the point of using any password might be - you need to be a valid user to get the APIKey, so still requiring the pw would seem to be duplicating the credentials required.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.