Author Topic: WU PWS stopped reporting July 24?  (Read 519 times)

Offline richardsondc

WU PWS stopped reporting July 24?
« on: July 30, 2020, 07:54:39 AM »
Hi everyone, new guy here.
I have an existing Accurite 5-1 weather station.  It has been reporting to WU for about a year.  Occasionally it will stop, a power off/on seemed to fix it in the past.  On july 24 it stopped reporting again.  This time though I can not seem to get it to report at all.
I've tried changing the PWS station ID and Key to a new one, to see if that would cause it to sync up. Nope. Tried changing the KEY, saving, waiting, changing back, etc.  No different.

I can not figure out if it is the PWS or the WU system causing the problem.  Anyone else having PWS offline since around July 24?  Or anyone offer advice on how to get it back online?

PWS is IDAKAR16 on WU.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: WU PWS stopped reporting July 24?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 09:16:57 AM »
just check other stations around your vicinity.  more likely to be WU fault, the service is appalling at the best of times.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
I think it is very likely that because of the description of the problem...how restarting would bring the upload back...and now it just doesn't, it seems to me like we are dealing with the console actually having the issue. Yes, WU is unreliable at times...but at the moment there aren't any of these issue occurring. It could however be WiFi related networking issues. I would test a different WiFi router or changing your console location in relation to the WiFi router. Also see if any changes occurred on your WiFi router like changing 2.4 GHz WiFi to only use broad channels.

If you don't have an alternate WiFi router you may have the ability in your smartphone to turn it into a hotspot. This would be just as a test.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline richardsondc

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
Agreed, this time might be a console problem and not WU.  But I'm not holding my breath!

I will change to a different wifi router/network and reset it and see if that springs it back to life.  Ugh...

Offline richardsondc

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »
Update-
I changed wifi networks back and forth, powered off/on and it is showing back online.

Thanks guys.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 02:18:15 PM »
 [tup]
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking