Author Topic: Weather Channel First Broadcast  (Read 6481 times)

Offline albanystorms

Weather Channel First Broadcast
« on: January 09, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
I hope some weather people can help me out on this. I saw on YouTube a few years ago The Weather Channels first broadcast that they did. It had a shot from Vegas with the introduction and all I want to say it was an hour long or something. I can seem to find this video it was most likely pulled for contentid or something. Anyone have another copy of that video?

Offline kcidwx

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Channel First Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
Andre has it on his channel

The Weather Channel Launch May 2, 1982
Meteorological Technician
NWS Certified Aviation Weather Observer
B.S. Meteorology

Offline albanystorms

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »
Awesome. Thank you!

Offline kmahler

• Contributor
    • KO4JY WX
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:21:49 PM »
Just an interesting couple of facts about the Weather Channel. When I lived in Atlanta working for Cisco Systems, The Weather Channel was one of my customers. The first time I went to their office. I thought I was lost. I expected big signs saying "The Weather Channel" like I was used to seeing at "CNN", also a customer. The building is completely unmarked with the exception of a very subdued street number. When I asked about this I was told that their female on air talent have a bit of a following of creepy men. They try to keep their exact location a mystery to discourage would be stalkers.

Also, the CIO at the time held a number of Patents for methods of reporting weather over the internet. He was a pretty cool dude.
Kevin Mahler
Skywarn Storm Spotter, AKQ3785
CWOP AV286
73 de KO4JY