Author Topic: Got my weather link live!  (Read 737 times)

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
Got my weather link live!
« on: May 11, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
Setup was easy as i already had a account at weatherlink.com had zero trouble with setup connected via bluetooth then hardwired to the internet data shows up on WL.com

The app works fine on my phone/tablet had a rain event and it showed it live.

Strange thing i have noticed is that the indoor temp for my VP2 console is gone from WL.com now i can only see the WLL indoor temp.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:42:21 PM by Tazz 316 »

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Got my weather link live!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 01:05:26 PM »
Strange thing i have noticed is that the indoor temp for my VP2 console is gone from WL.com now i can only see the WLL indoor temp.

It would be nice to have both. Thanks for the report.

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

It would be nice to have both. Thanks for the report.

Yes it would it's not even a option in the list of data to show. It would show if i sent data to WL.com the old way using there software.

Something else i do not like is my VP2 station is shown on my account even though i have not sent them data. They need a way to hide it.

It's strange how they list the stations. WLL is listed as one along with my VP2 and a extra sensor so it shows 3 on my account. Even though WLL is the one sending all the data.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:18:14 PM by Tazz 316 »

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
It's strange how they list the stations. WLL is listed as one along with my VP2 and a extra sensor so it shows 3 on my account. Even though WLL is the one sending all the data.

Not easy to understand the problem without more info. But the right-hand sidebar will list all the stations associated with your account. So if you were previously uploading to wl.com from a VP2 then that will still show in your account (even if it's maybe no longer uploading). Not sure what else you would expect? You could run eg 10 or 20 stations in different localities and they would all be shown within your account - it is a multi-station account.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline jmello65

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
What plans are people using ??   Basic - free and or the upgrade. I paid for the upgrade. What stations do people have ??  Any using the Mobilize App ???  Does it work for u ??   Help

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
What plans are people using ??   Basic - free and or the upgrade. I paid for the upgrade. What stations do people have ??  Any using the Mobilize App ???  Does it work for u ??   Help

I'm using the free one.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
WLL and whatever you were using with the VP2 are 2 independent systems. If you have stopped unloading from the VP2 then I am not sure why you should be expecting to see the VP2 indoor temp, a VP2 is not an ISS and console sensors (inside Temp, Hum, Bar etc) can not connect to the WLL.

I you want your VP2 temp uploaded then continue to upload it as you did previously.

Also make your old VP2 station Private, nobody else will see it apart from yourself inside WL.com
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:48:29 PM by Mattk »