Author Topic: Weather Underground New Look  (Read 6444 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weather Underground New Look
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »
FTP cameras are working. What isn't working is URL cameras.

Even back when URL cameras were working they only update like a couple times a day and some days they got missed altogether. With FTP cameras you can upload like every 5 minutes with decent reliability. With URL upload you never get the 24 hour still shot movie. With FTP you do get the nice 24 hour still shot movie.

I understand not wanting to have a computer running 24 hours. But maybe a Raspberry Pi with WeeWx, Cumulus, or Weather-Display might sound appealing. You'll also benefit from Rapidfire updates instead of every 5 minutes as it is now. If not maybe a WiFiLogger or a Meteobridge Nano. Not only do you then get better WU experience but it could also handle your camera to turn it from a URL into an FTP camera (that's what I'm doing with my camera). Plus you get to then also experience many other weather networks and not rely on the few you have now. Of course then the sky is the limit and then you can even set up your own website. You don't have to go all out with everything I've listed (I haven't...yet)...but you can pick and choose and see what you like and definitely get more enjoyment and use out of your weather station.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 09:15:51 AM »
For me, I have 3 cams that are URL based and are kind of working.  WU does pull images, but like mentioned it is not every 5 minutes, more like every hour or two.  I use Blue Iris to overlay weather data on the images, and upload to my website, WU pulls them from the website.  I can go back to FTP, but Blue Iris only supports 1 FTP site per camera, so I would have to duplicate the 3 WU cams adding system overhead for that computer.  Additionally WU displays the wrong image by default on my WU page.  I have changed the association on the device page for each cam, but WU still shows the image it wants.  So, URL kind of works, just not as good as FTP.  KNJWANTA7 and http://weather.westfamilynj.net/meteo
So many trees in NJ!

Offline frankpc

• Lakepoint Weather
  • Build it and they will come.
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »
http://weather.westfamilynj.net/meteo

Great looking PWS site!!  You put a lot of work into that.

WU: Lakepointe KKSSHAWN122
.--/-.../-..../--.-/.--/.---

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »
Thanks, actually 99% of the work was done by Jachym (and not rembembering the history of Meteotemplate development off hand, if there was prior efforts he based his work on) and others, I just put the blocks where they look good and tweak things here and there.
So many trees in NJ!

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2019, 10:17:06 AM »
Too bad the barometric pressure on the new site doesn't indicate whether rising or falling.

Thanks to the person that suggested using uBlock Origin to clean up the new wu page--

Here's mine so far after some tweaks. I like the larger barometer and wind dial so I kept that but got rid of rain, uv, and webcam and tightened up some of the unnecessary spaces between data and graphs:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline scudfest

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2019, 09:17:08 PM »
Just copy and paste this link adding your station ID in place of the x's and you can have your old page back

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?id=XXXXXXXXX#history

Anyone else having problems with the 'original' layout as shown above? 

I like to see the decimals in my pws display so am using that until the new site shows decimals in the dash and history.

However, at the moment I just get 'An error occurred while processing your request.' plus a lengthy hex reference id.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2019, 10:28:24 PM »

Anyone else having problems with the 'original' layout as shown above? 

I like to see the decimals in my pws display so am using that until the new site shows decimals in the dash and history.

However, at the moment I just get 'An error occurred while processing your request.' plus a lengthy hex reference id.

Yeah, it's doing the same thing for me on any PWS.  I suspect they killed it off despite promising that they'd keep it up.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »
I notice WU is not working where you view the data (new style) in the fomat
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=XXXXX

like it used to
I see they have fixed the barometer dial pointer :)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »
The Horizon URL doesn’t work either.

horizon.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=STATIONID
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2019, 12:24:34 AM »
I think at this point, I would be accepting of the new site if they just got the decimal  thing fixed , but it's been weeks now and still no fix. As others have mentioned, the old site is unavailable  as of late also.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline AboutAndAround

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2019, 06:11:11 AM »
I think at this point, I would be accepting of the new site if they just got the decimal  thing fixed , but it's been weeks now and still no fix. As others have mentioned, the old site is unavailable  as of late also.
That's what's annoying me the most at the moment. I'll accept the new site, just add the proper decimals to the values and graphs! It looks horrible otherwise.

Can also confirm they brought down the old site as it's not working here.

Offline scudfest

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2019, 06:35:08 AM »
This current issue is more widespread than I thought.

I just went to the home page and selected More > Historical Weather from the top menu. 
The result:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #30.66321cb8.1558261923.b0601f1

<sigh>

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »
Tried to load regional radar and got this:

Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.6b62d17.1558279238.869629d

The house of cards is collapsing.

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »
Can only access my stations dashboard through the 10 day forecast,  which I have bookmarked.  It’s showing solar radiation and I don’t have a sensor for that.  :roll:

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »
Older local NEXRAD links are dead now too.

Offline n4nw

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »
I experienced the same issue after I moved to WeatherLink 2.0

Logged into Weather Underground, found my settngs under my account -> my devices. Had to edit them to current settings and new server/PW on WU server.

Tom, N4NW

anything