Author Topic: UPDATED: Script to Display US and Territories Radar Using HAniS  (Read 31246 times)

Offline MBYWxWatcher

• Try and fail, but never fail to try.
    • Personal Weather Stations
Re: UPDATED: Script to Display US and Territories Radar Using HAniS
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »
Jerry,

Thank you for the great scripts! I have the /HAniS directory and all files uploaded to the root directory. I'm planning on running the script stand-alone and made the required changes to display my location to wxusradars-hanis3.php. I have also checked to ensure that the  'allow_url_fopen' is 'on' with the phptest.php.

The radar is displayed but only the last image shows the radar image (precipitation). Here is the script/location:

http://www.personalweatherstations.com/wxusradars-hanis3.php

I'ved tested the script on the above domain and on a staging domain with the same results. I'm sure I've missed something but I haven't found it yet. Could you point me in the right direction please?

Regards and thanks,
Tim

Station: Davis Wireless VP2+ FARS w/UV/Solar w/ Meteobridge 2.7
WebCam: Foscam FI9900P Outdoor HD 1080P Wireless
Web Site: www.personalweatherstations.com
Leuven: http://www.personalweatherstations.com/weather28/
HomeWeatherStationDashboard: http://personalweatherstations.com/pws/nonmetric.php
Weather Underground: KNCMOUNT24

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2016, 07:59:26 AM »
I think you've downloaded my old version and example 'wxusradars-hanis3-SA.php'.  Download and save the latest version 4a (20160214), the include script, and the iframe script using these links.  Then in 'wxusradars-hanis3.php' set 'StandAlone = true;', and lets see if this works for you.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:32:14 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W7RSW

• WhitsWeb Weather
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
I think you've downloaded my old version and example 'wxusradars-hanis3-SA.php'.  Download and save the latest version 4a (20160214), the include script, and the iframe script using these links.  Then in 'wxusradars-hanis3.php' set 'StandAlone = true;', and lets see if this works for you.

Hi Jerry,

Do you have an updated version of 'wxusradars-hanis3.php' available for download?
 The first and third links you've posted both link to 'wxusradar-hanis-iframe3.php.'

Thanks,
Randy (W7RSW)
Randy Whitney
W7RSW

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »
Link updated - Sorry about that! #-o :oops:
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline MBYWxWatcher

• Try and fail, but never fail to try.
    • Personal Weather Stations
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »

Jerry,

It works like a charm! I have in working stand-alone in an iFrame wrapper on the site and it looks great. Here's the link:

http://www.personalweatherstations.com/index.php/radar

Thank you for your help. Awesome script!

Tim

Station: Davis Wireless VP2+ FARS w/UV/Solar w/ Meteobridge 2.7
WebCam: Foscam FI9900P Outdoor HD 1080P Wireless
Web Site: www.personalweatherstations.com
Leuven: http://www.personalweatherstations.com/weather28/
HomeWeatherStationDashboard: http://personalweatherstations.com/pws/nonmetric.php
Weather Underground: KNCMOUNT24

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
I am getting an error while trying to use the script. Looks like I am missing "radar-status-getradar.php"   Anyone know where I can get it or send it to me?

Thanks,

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2016, 03:27:02 PM »
Here ya go, Joe.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
Thanks John!!!

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2016, 11:33:28 PM »
Okay, I'm obviously doing something wrong here. I have downloaded the latest the wxusradars-hanis3.php, inc-wxusradars-hanis3.php and radar-status-getradar.php files and uploaded them to my Saratoga template website. I also modified the default radar selection to be "rgx" for the Reno radar unit. However, all I get is the top of the "US and Territories Current NOAA Ridge Radar" heading along with the selection controls. Then, there is an area of blank and then four lines of text for the bottom of the screen. For whatever reason I am not seeing any of the radar images. I even went back to the original unmodified files and get the same thing - no radar images. No matter what radar site I select, I get the same results. It's probably something simple but so far, I haven't discovered what that "something" could be.
Any ideas?
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2016, 01:19:03 AM »
You may be missing the iframe script, Don.  Download and save the latest version 4a (20160214), the include script, and the iframe script using these links.  Then the fourth link I forgot to include is the necessary 'radar-status-getradar.php' which is the last piece of the puzzle. 

I didn't re-version the radar-status script because it's only slightly modified from Ken True's original version, 'radar-status.php'.  If he has to post a new version I'll need to incorporate those changes into 'radar-status-getradar.php'.  One side-effect of this script is the creation of a radar-status file in your cache directory for each different radar you visit with 'wxusradars-hanis3.php'.  It's not a big deal, but it could come as a surprise to the unwary.

Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »
This morning I can see this message in the 'console' when 'Inspect'ing your page (<CTRL><SHIFT>i in Chrome and select the 'console' tab):
"Refused to display 'http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/wxusradar-hanis-iframe3.php?radar=N0R&ra…&btnTextColor=white&animRate=20&pauseSeconds=2&numbImages=12&smoothingOn=1' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'deny'."

Googling "Refused to display '...' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'deny'" lists some possible answers, the most promising of which might be here.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:48:28 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »
Hi Jerry,

As far as I know, I have the latest versions of all of the four files you listed above. All four are installed but I don't see any radar images and I don't see any error messages with either Firefox or Chrome.

Will work on this more later this evening or tomorrow Won't be home most of the day.

Thanks for the pointers.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »
The errors are hidden in the javascript console.  Once a javascript error occurs all javascript execution stops.  <CTRL><SHIFT>i in Chrome gets the 'Inspector' where the 'console' tab can be selected.

Another issue might be a missing '/HAniS/hanis_min.js'.  I've attached a zip of the required directory/file.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:54:06 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »
Thanks Jerry, I was missing the HAniS folder and associated files. Working fine now. As a suggestion perhaps the whole routine needs to be zipped into a single file so everything needed is included in the ZIP file.

Thanks again!

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
I have a bad habit of posting scripts fairly early in development, so the ?sce=view and <CTRL>s to acquire the latest versions seemed preferable to littering this thread with soon-to-be-outdated zips.  I've attached a Version 4a zip with the requisite files, but the instructions are sparse, so refer back to the first post in this thread.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2016, 09:11:55 PM »
I have a bad habit of posting scripts fairly early in development, so the ?sce=view and <CTRL>s to acquire the latest versions seemed preferable to littering this thread with soon-to-be-outdated zips.  I've attached a Version 4a zip with the requisite files, but the instructions are sparse, so refer back to the first post in this thread.

Jerry,

I didn't mean to be over critical. I was just concerned that others, like myself, who are less experienced in programming would appreciate seeing a zip file that contains the entire release in the distribution. The other thing that really seems to help when there is a large number of discussions in a thread is to always place the latest release in the very first post of the thread. That is very easy to do and also allows the poster to update their comments showing basic changes made, tips, etc.. The biggest advantage of this is that it eliminates the need for the rest of us to have to hunt for the latest release in the multitude of posts in a thread.

And lastly, thanks so much for updating this particular offering. It is well done. I just wish I had the talents that you and others on this forum have for creating all of these neat packages that most of us enjoy adding to our website.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »
The NWS has modified the radar-status URL thus requiring revision to 'radar-status-getradar.php'.  Please see this discussion to obtain the latest 'radar-status-getradar.php' script.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »
Ken True has updated his 'radar-status.php' to accommodate the NWS's latest modifications to their pages.  Accordingly, the derivative 'radar-status-getradar.php' used by the 'wxusradars-hanis3.php' scripts has been modified as well.

The radar message has been left on via '$noMsgIfActive = false; // set to true to suppress message when radar is active'.  Also, don't forget to change the defaults to your preferred radar site.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2016, 04:35:51 PM »
Thanks, Jerry. Will see what I can come up with...   :grin:  :roll:
John
W7JKG

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
Thank you, Jerry!  :grin:

Jeff
Jeff

W7-64, Intel Z170A 16 GB RAM
Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
Bad news!  This script has been rendered useless by the NWS 'https' transition.  I've left a message on the Ridge Radar page of the NWS site, but I'm not sure if that will do any good.  As it stands now none of the overlay, legend, or other radar specific files the animation needs are accessible.

If anyone has any useful contacts at the NWS maybe they could let them know that their ridge radar download instructions are now useless.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »
Interesting. For the first 14 of 15 images I have no radar, but image 15, taken at 1701 MST, is completely correct for my current conditions. Maybe your comments to them worked?
John
W7JKG

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »
That's because the last or current image is a complete image, not constructed using overlays.  It was just easier to use this image in the script.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
Got it. Confused because the date/time for that image keeps updating.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
Jerry,

Thanks for the heads up. I took it off my menu.

Jeff
Jeff

W7-64, Intel Z170A 16 GB RAM
Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D