Author Topic: display question  (Read 1611 times)

Offline thersites

display question
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
I'm trying to figure out which AcuRite station is most advanced in terms of display.  It looks as if the less expensive options listed for a 5 sensor station have better displays than the most expensive option with the Acu-Link bridge included (01050C / 01055).  The most expensive looks like less info, so it looks like I want a more stripped down station to get the better display (e.g., 01015 or 01500 / 01515) then add the Acu-Link bridge separately to the package.  This is all based on zooming into pictures of the displays, so I was hoping there was someone who had seen or knew for sure which had the best display.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: display question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
My first display was a 1515.  I later added a 1035, but mostly for the USB interface.  Of the two, I prefer the 1515's display layout for its ease of being read without a secret decoder ring.  The 1035 uses all kinds of icons as labels, with a good example being a pushbutton label that looks like a file folder with two left-facing triangles on it.  As reported by several users on AcuRite's own support forums, the scrolling ticker at the bottom of most consoles is difficult to read.  This is a big disappointment, since the collection of stats that it displays is quite interesting and truly worth reading!

If you are going to go with the Internet bridge anyway, why not skip the local console completely?  I find myself looking at my smartphone or computer 95% of the time to see what the 5-in-1 is reading, and the only time that I look at the console is during middle of the night nature calls when I am curious about the outside temperature.  My bridge package came with a 1055 console, and I honestly have never even put batteries in it yet.  For the little that I look at the console, I could probably be just as happy with the smaller 1055 or just do without completely.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline SteveM

Re: display question
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »

If you are going to go with the Internet bridge anyway, why not skip the local console completely?  

I could not agree with this comment, more !  The display that comes with 01050C / 01055 is worthless, lower quality and nearly impossible to read even with tilting the display. I have the newer display and compared to that the display on the 01050C / 01055 is just poorly manufactured. low pixel count, ...... unfortunately cheap is the word that comes to mind regarding that display

anything