Author Topic: Adding a second station  (Read 2948 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Adding a second station
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »
What is the best or proper method to add and register a second station from the same location?

Paul

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: Adding a second station
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »
What is the best or proper method to add and register a second station from the same location?

Paul

Great question Paul and I realized I should have asked prior to the replacement BS.
I was wondering if you would get a second API or if that would confuse the devices registered to that account.   I chose to use a second email account to play it safe and it worked but I'm also wondering whats the best way go.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 08:56:24 PM »

Paul

not sure what your question is Paul....I've got 3 and you just add them on your phone like the first.  When you look at them on the map you have to zoom in to be able to see the temp circle.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:23:02 PM »
Thanks Jim.  I don't have a smart-phone, but I did rent/borrow/beg the wife's IPad (had to upgrade the OS which didn't please her #-o)  to register the first one.  I can't recall exactly what I had to do for the first one but recall it was quite easy. 

How will BloomSky recognize the second one different from the first one and will there be a separate dashboard?  Presumably I will need a different name?  Should I register it with a different email address?

Paul

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
Thanks Jim.  I don't have a smart-phone, but I did rent/borrow/beg the wife's IPad (had to upgrade the OS which didn't please her #-o)  to register the first one.  I can't recall exactly what I had to do for the first one but recall it was quite easy. 

How will BloomSky recognize the second one different from the first one and will there be a separate dashboard?  Presumably I will need a different name?  Should I register it with a different email address?

Paul

All devices (stations) that you add to your account will be viewed in the same dashboard.  No need to change your account password or user name.  Each station will have its own name.  I do recall Bloomsky support telling me that if later you decide to change the name of any of your stations, you'll probably lose your followers to that station.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:50:41 AM by VaJim »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
Thanks Jim, will work on getting the second up.

Paul

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »

All devices (stations) that you add to your account will be viewed in the same dashboard.

I assume that each device listed also has its own API key?

Thanks
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »

All devices (stations) that you add to your account will be viewed in the same dashboard.

Thanks

API...?

Adding a 2nd device is about like adding the first....select add device from the app and follow the steps.  Have you wifi password and a station name ready also (18 characters) .  That's it

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »

Thanks

API...?

Adding a 2nd device is about like adding the first....select add device from the app and follow the steps.  Have you wifi password and a station name ready also (18 characters) .  That's it

The API key is a string of characters and numbers located under Developers on the dashboard.bloomsky.com. 
The key is what we are using to get our cam and data from the Bloomsky API onto our websites.

Since each device has a serial number or device ID, there should be a different API key for each BloomSky. 

Just wondering how its listed.

Thanks Jim.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »
Got the second device connected KomokaWeatherSky for now just temporarily stuck in the ground.
Not enough data yet to do a comparison as it had been inside.

Clicking on the Developer link in the portal and it displays the same API for both devices.  Will have to do more investigation how I can get it included in the Bloomsky scripts by Jachym's Meteotemplate and Wim's Leuven templates and being separate from the first device.

Paul

Paul

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »
Clicking on the Developer link in the portal and it displays the same API for both devices.

Paul
WOW that is exactly what I was worried about. Not sure if API can be programmed for a specific device.

A work around may be to delete the device from first account and register it using another email address.  (use at own risk :)
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
Interesting....

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »
I have received a response from BloomSky on the API key and they say
Hello Paul, So I found out that the API is attached to your account and not a particular device. So your API will be for both devices and not only the first. I hope this is useful information.
Thanks
Nick
and a little later
Hey Paul, Sorry to bombard you with the emails. It is not possible to have the two separated at this time. I apologize about this inconvenience.
Thanks!
Nick

I presume there is no way to use the second BloomSky in either the Meteotemplate plugin and Wim's BloomSky script unless I reregister the second device with a completely new account?

www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky

Paul

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »
I have received a response from BloomSky on the API key and they say
Hello Paul, So I found out that the API is attached to your account and not a particular device. So your API will be for both devices and not only the first. I hope this is useful information.
Thanks
Nick
and a little later
Hey Paul, Sorry to bombard you with the emails. It is not possible to have the two separated at this time. I apologize about this inconvenience.
Thanks!
Nick

I presume there is no way to use the second BloomSky in either the Meteotemplate plugin and Wim's BloomSky script unless I reregister the second device with a completely new account?

www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky

Paul

I see there is a deviceID field in the API.

Maybe this can be used to select which device ID to get the data from in the API?

Code: [Select]
{
DeviceID: "XXXXXX"
LAT: 37.0000
LON: ­122.0000
ALT: 108.5
UTC: ­7
DST: 0
Searchable: true
RegisterTime: 1429581185
CityName: "City"
StreetName: "Main St."
FullAddress: "Main St., City, CA, USA"
DeviceName: "Bloomsky"
BoundedPoint: "XXXXXX"
NumOfFollowers: 10,
VideoList: [your most recent 5 days time­lapse videos URLs],

Here is the API documentation:
http://weatherlution.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BloomskyDeviceOwnerAPIDocumentation020216.pdf
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

anything